+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top 8 finish?

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Wolves finished 7th with 57 points in first season back in 2018/19 PL after their advance from the Championship in 2017/18 to become a Premier League force of respect and also made it to the FA Cup semi-final playing 53 competitive games throughout the season.

That 7th PL placing placing saw them eventually progress to a Europa Cup quarter-final match which ended in 0-1 loss to Sevilla after a gruelling 2019-20 season and there was plenty more to come from Nuno's squad this season to be fair sitting presently 12th.

Just saying again - our style of football will frighten the the hell out of most European defensive teams that I see weekly on French TV.Add a few decent additions and we'll have a great competitive squad for the full 2021/22 seasons tactical requirements.
    Selfish nonesense. The game has been transformed at this level and as a club we are not in a position to GUARANTEE continued presence in the PL and one season back in the PL is no basis for any conclusion. We're not Schitty, or Chelski, and would never wish to be Scum, but all have deeper pockets (even with the support of our shareholders) and our focus MUST be on ensuring our survival for next and future seasons.

Selfish nonsense ?

Why does an opinion to a Post asking 'what if we finish in Top 8' and using facts that I'd produced for all to read result in a rude intro of 'selfish nonsense banner' from you.

Nonsense https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/nonsense

Don't mind your super club fact rational quotes but IF we are to be in such a situation of Euro football next season are the club going to decline using your valued words of wisdom opinions or will they go for it in a financially sensible way by recruiting appropriate players attracted to a club in contention to participate in Euro football whilst retaining a squad that has done very well this season whilst accommodating some missing key players to injury.

I do speak Nonsense sometimes but usually only when I'm ill and under a Mental Health Section which I'm not presently.Maybe you've had a tough day but I've had tougher as I'm sure you have to.

So maybe lay off the personal innuendos in comments.

Selfish nonsense ?

Why does an opinion to a Post asking 'what if we finish in Top 8' and using facts that I'd produced for all to read result in a rude intro of 'selfish nonsense banner' from you.

Nonsense https://www.thesaurus.com/browse/nonsense

Don't mind your super club fact rational quotes but IF we are to be in such a situation of Euro football next season are the club going to decline using your valued words of wisdom opinions or will they go for it in a financially sensible way by recruiting appropriate players attracted to a club in contention to participate in Euro football whilst retaining a squad that has done very well this season whilst accommodating some missing key players to injury.

I do speak Nonsense sometimes but usually only when I'm ill and under a Mental Health Section which I'm not presently.Maybe you've had a tough day but I've had tougher as I'm sure you have to.

So maybe lay off the personal innuendos in comments.
    "Selfish nonesense" based on your earlier comment about "overseas fans being able to see the team". That isn't sufficient to risk the performance of the team in the domestic league (and I'm not the only one to have said so), and bolstering your desire for sight of the team with further irrelevant information about what other teams in other leagues (who may or may not have been recently promoted) may or may not have done is nonsense.

No "personal innuendo" nor any reference to your mental health challenges (which I for one am glad to hear you are continuing to overcome), just my opinion of your case for Eurooean qualification.

Oh well - looking forward to your opinions on our pre season tours IF they happen come June & July to bring in the coffers for Rad's expansion plans.Heaven forbid if any money raised in summer comes from money spinning friendlies placing extra strain on our current players and I hope your responses don't put off any newbies tempted to join this Forum.

Anyway my bus is coming to hop on now out of the rain to St Nazaire.

Oh well - looking forward to your opinions on our pre season tours IF they happen come June & July to bring in the coffers for Rad's expansion plans.Heaven forbid if any money raised in summer comes from money spinning friendlies placing extra strain on our current players and I hope your responses don't put off any newbies tempted to join this Forum.

Good to hear it's raining in the S of France as we have finally got some sunshine here, well until tomorrow! Enjoy your trip.

Oh, just read Leeds have taken more points in their lat ten games than any other side in the Prem; 21 from thirty, Liverpool were second on 20, so much for the burn out.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Good to hear it's raining in the S of France as we have finally got some sunshine here, well until tomorrow! Enjoy your trip.

Oh, just read Leeds have taken more points in their lat ten games than any other side in the Prem; 21 from thirty, Liverpool were second on 20, so much for the burn out.
    Please forward to our dear friend Karen

We are playing very well.

A much different style than earlier in the year. Much more defensive based but still high energy.

Yesterday at the pub several comments on how we've regressed from earlier in the year during the first half. I argued it's just a more mature approach to the game.

It would be very interesting to see how we comparing with other teams defensively the last 10 games. Suspect we have one of the best defensive records in the prem during this period. we are really solid back there. still a high risk style of play but we've adapted to the prem just like we had to adapt the first year with MB in the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    We are playing very well.

A much different style than earlier in the year. Much more defensive based but still high energy.

Yesterday at the pub several comments on how we've regressed from earlier in the year during the first half. I argued it's just a more mature approach to the game.

It would be very interesting to see how we comparing with other teams defensively the last 10 games. Suspect we have one of the best defensive records in the prem during this period. we are really solid back there. still a high risk style of play but we've adapted to the prem just like we had to adapt the first year with MB in the championship.
    Think it also partly reflects the quality of the players we have in comparison to the more established teams - would be interesting to see what he could do with the Chelsea Liverpool or Man City Squads but it is noticeable how more considered we are defensively and shows MB does evolve.

Yours looking well good to see but you would look fantastic in Ozz with some sun lol Don't worry if people get up your nerves I'm sure they don't mean it and it is just a habit picked up along the way. Ohhhh and some people don't understand other people have illnesses where as much as they try can't heal and only can be managed so instead of laying off they continue on their merry way. Anyway stay strong and get some F sun hehe Say hello to mum.

Ta Oz.
    I was challenged to think about what if I gave every day to continually pushing myself to grow and what could I achieve.
    My conclusion then was its better to look back in ten years knowing that I'd given everything I had rather than wishing I'd just done a little more in what I did.

This is also a daily Bielsa theme we hear from the training ground from players under his guidance combined with stories of his private advice on the relaxing and living away from the game.Possibly same advice gained from him having a daughter who struggled with Mental illness which ultimately shaped his own family life.
    Yesterday he thanked his conditioning staff & medics for providing him with excellent advice on how to prepare/protect his players from burnout I noted - so we are blessed to have a Coach who considers all aspects of preparation to achieve success.

Yep,everybody's journey will be different but it is ultimately a personal decision for how your story goes and what you end up doing and at Leeds United presently they seem to make it a good one journey wise.So bring on the challenges I say Oz.

Mums glad to hear your still on board and fighting fit.Grandmas cooking tonight for the family so we'll raise a glass towards your wishes mate - Cheers !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)