+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's play a game - tenuous links

Johan Neeskens was about to come to our house for dinner before the pandemic hit

I used to deliver newspapers for Jayne Torvills mum.

My missus was once chatted up by Ian Rush, and asked him what he did for a living.

I also support the same football club as Jake bugg and Vicky McClure

In the mid 90s I was in a cheese shop in Ealing, I thought I knew the other guy in the shop and we nodded and spoke briefly about the weather and what cheese we liked, as you do when you meet someone you think you know but can’t remember where from or what their name is.

After he left the owner said “you know David then”?

Still racking my brain I said “David who”?

“David Suchet”

I bought some cheese and left quickly feeling a right pillock.

I made Jimmy Saville a ham sandwich and a crescent of crisp, he just looked like a dirty old man in a track suit. Which he was.

I did a teaching qualification with someone who played bass for The Smiths before Andy Rouke. Lots of interesting Morrisey-related stories from the early 80s.

My wife's friend is married to Bernie Taupin's brother and he got me a free ticket from Elton John for a Notts' game at Watford.

Some perfect tenuous links on this thread

Just remembered another. There was a girl called Rachel in the year below me at school. I never spoke to her but did stand behind her in the vending machine queue a couple of times, so that definitely counts. She sang backing vocals for Captain Sensible. She was even on TOTP when he did Happy Talk.

I was on a cross channel ferry sitting on the next table to Simon Calder and he asked me to watch his laptop while he went to the bar.

I've had to deliver a car to mickey dolenz he from the monkees .He was living just outside of Newark at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I made Jimmy Saville a ham sandwich and a crescent of crisp, he just looked like a dirty old man in a track suit. Which he was.
    I'd like to pin the date he came to Meadow Lane. Think it might have been Brentford 07/Nov/1987 but I've no longer got the programme to check, though it might be in the one after, surely they would have mentioned it. I'd be grateful if anybody here can check.
    Timmy Mallett came for the Wigan match the following season.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast