+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Let's play a game - tenuous links

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'd like to pin the date he came to Meadow Lane. Think it might have been Brentford 07/Nov/1987 but I've no longer got the programme to check, though it might be in the one after, surely they would have mentioned it. I'd be grateful if anybody here can check.
    Timmy Mallett came for the Wigan match the following season.
    I can remember the County Road stand advising him where to put his mallet.

I was in charge of putting one of the fences back up when a horse had knocked it down at a show jumping competition, where Princess Ann and Captain Mark Phillips were competing.. Mark Phillips was a bit of a dick so we barely balanced the pole on the top edge of the jump whenever it was his turn..He couldn't understand why all the other horses were clearing it easy but it kept going down when he jumped. He never found out to this day that it was down to the two oiks (his words) that he lost the competition..

Quote Originally Posted by Observerpie View Post
    I can remember the County Road stand advising him where to put his mallet.
    They definitely sang "Tiiiiiiiiimmy Mallett, what w****r, what a w*****r", he looked up at them bemused and did some sort of wave gesture with his hands on his head like antlers. He looked very unconfutable.
    Savile was doing a lap or two of the pitch with one of our disabled supporters, but it was shortly after 2pm so there weren't anything like as many people in the ground as there was when Mallett went round shortly before KO, so very few people will remember Savile's appearance at Notts.

While working as a steward at Latitude festival in 2006 I had to try and get 'comedian' Marcus Brigstocke to move his car from the middle of the campsite as it was for tents only but the arrogant tool ignored everyone around him saying that he was the main event....meanwhile over the other side of the site my mate was having his photo taken with Patti Smith where I should have been!
    .....also had a beer with Captain Sensible in Wetherspoons in Lincoln just before a Damned gig....what a great bloke he is!

My dad was Ray O'brien's tailor. Always called in for a cuppa when passing there home.

Stood next to Norman Wisdom in a queue at an M1 services . Looked very unhappy. I was going to shout MISTER GRIMSDALE !, but thought better of it.

I've stood in the same rooms as Elvis Presley

I post on the same messageboard as someone who stood in the same rooms as Elvis Presley.

One of the first people I met when I started a new job was the print manager Ray O’Brien. He proceeded to roll up his trouser leg to show me the scar from the injury that ended his career. The next person I was introduced to was the press officer Colin Slater.

I worked a summer for Ray O'Brien back in the 90s possibly at the same print factory as above

I had my foot trod on by Brian Clough in a West Bridgford cafe circa 2003 as he tried to unsuccessfully navigate past the table I was sat at, he apologised and called me "young man".

In 2000 Legendary Aussie soap actor Ray Meagher called me "fella" outside the NSW Warathas stadium before a game of rugby. I called him "Alf".

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast