+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Let's play a game - tenuous links

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Marshall View Post
    Just after Craig Short’s dismissal as Notts County manager, I wandered into a West Bridgford hostelry with my wife for a quick lunchtime drink. To my amazement, I stumbled upon virtually the entire playing squad and management team having a farewell drink with Craig. They were all sat in a large circle, taking up virtually the whole of the bar.
    I ordered a drink for the two of us and we managed to grab a seat in a corner. Anyway, after a while, Lee Hughes, joined the group and happened to be standing in front of us. At one point he turned round and apologised for crowding us out. However, Mrs M explained that I was a big County fan and told him not to worry. We ended up having quite a lengthy chat with Hughesy but the highlight was when he bought a round of shots for everybody and insisted on us both having one too.
    Despite the circumstances, we had a very enjoyable hour or so mixing with what was a very talented group of players.

Wasn’t as good as bumping into the Krankies though!! 😂
    I thought you peaked at the krankies,every tale of fame and fortune is downhill from now on.!

Many many years ago near the Hand Inn/ Hanley Street Girl friend just arrived about 7-30 pm battered old white van stopped and asked us the way too, both just cannot remember where, anyway, I said not sure, van drove off towards Canning circus on the side of van painted was, The Beatles said to Anne my then girlfriend now wife that's a stupid name for a group they will never get anywhere with a name like that

Do we know each other Cam? I also knew her as a child!

Quote Originally Posted by cypruspie View Post
    Many many years ago near the Hand Inn/ Hanley Street Girl friend just arrived about 7-30 pm battered old white van stopped and asked us the way too, both just cannot remember where, anyway, I said not sure, van drove off towards Canning circus on the side of van painted was, The Beatles said to Anne my then girlfriend now wife that's a stupid name for a group they will never get anywhere with a name like that
    That's amazing

BJ Primary?

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by cypruspie View Post
    Might have been lipstick rather than paint. Apparently it was regularly daubed in graffiti by fans.
    If you spoke to the driver it was probably the Roadie Mal Evans (tall bloke with thick rimmed glasses) who ended up being shot dead by police officers in the United States after his girlfriend called the cops when he was threatening to commit suicide.

Big Mal

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Yes.
    Sent you a pm.

In the eighties I used to play squash at the City hospital leisure centre, one night whilst waiting for my mate to arrive I sat in the empty bar when a smart looking guy wearing black trousers, white shirt and grey waistcoat and bow tie walked in and sat down his hair was permed. Minutes later a very attractive blond came in and they sat talking.
    The place was empty for about 15 minutes until the steward walked over to them and said we are ready Alex and then the penny dropped it was Alex Higgins and he was doing an exhibition night there.

My postman's sister used to go out with a window cleaner whose brother was a taxi driver who once took Peter Shilton's neighbour's auntie to the airport.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456