+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promotion

Promotion

Is anybody else not that bothered about promotion to the corrupt premier league next season?Or is it just me? I’m so disillusioned with football these days.

I want us to get promoted so we can play at the highest level possible. Officials make lousy decisions at all levels of the game.

We were on the receiving end of a good number of bad ones last season, we had some go our way too which would have been questioned by others.

If you think Prem officiating is bad you really don't want to see some of the weapons grade whatevers officiating at the lower levels of the game.

I'd have the hope of landing a surprise 2-5 win at Stamford Bridge in the top flight over the misery of football under Gould in the third tier any day of the week.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    I want us to get promoted so we can play at the highest level possible. Officials make lousy decisions at all levels of the game.

We were on the receiving end of a good number of bad ones last season, we had some go our way too which would have been questioned by others.

If you think Prem officiating is bad you really don't want to see some of the weapons grade whatevers officiating at the lower levels of the game.

I'd have the hope of landing a surprise 2-5 win at Stamford Bridge in the top flight over the misery of football under Gould in the third tier any day of the week.
    Completely agree! As I've said before, I want the Albion to be playing at the highest level. If you're not pushing to do that, what's the point in playing?

I agree with you UNLESS we have a change of ownership and some new found ambition.

I want to see us get promoted because it will mean we have watched a lot of victories which is more fun than seeing us being bad or average!

Football is nowhere near as interesting as it used to be, that's for sure. That said we, along with most clubs (some of the weaker ones will be looking to survive in their divisions), should be looking to gain promotion in the same way that at least half of the top flight teams are looking to avoid relegation leaving the "big boys" to battle it out at the top.
    If there were no promotion or relegation I would give up on the game altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by rambaggie View Post
    Is anybody else not that bothered about promotion to the corrupt premier league next season?Or is it just me? I’m so disillusioned with football these days.
    No let’s not bother.

Let’s set our sights on being the next Sunderland, Portsmouth and Sheffield Wednesday.

Quite frankly, what a ludicrous question.

Let’s aim for perpetual mediocrity at best, I mean, we wouldn’t want to take the slightest chance of being the next “Leicester City” would we!?

Lord give me strength😤😩

Trying to apply a little balance here. In all honesty over the last 20 years the excitement has been supporting us in the Championship, we need the premier league money but unless you lot are delusional it’s a competition we can’t win. No one more than me would love us to be competing at the top, have great cup runs and play in Europe again, but the way football is structured unless we get a sugar daddy owner it can’t happen. If we keep Sam then next season will be a good one that I will look forward too, the one after in all probability won’t be...

You can’t beat picking your wits against the top teams in the country.

I refuse to believe we cannot be more like Leicester City under a new owner.

The Championship does absolutely nothing for me at all.

“ Let’s have a look at what you could’ve won.......never mind, here’s your two Bully’s and your 80 quid in cash “.

The Championship feels a lot like the old First Division was, anyone could beat anyone and very little glamour to it. The quality of football on the whole though is dirge and in the top division it is far better to watch. The introduction of VAR has I think worsened the match-day experience for fans by disrupting the flow of the game and is now the talking point moreso than the game itself.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)