+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Article on United's Youth Development

Article on United's Youth Development

https://trainingground.guru/articles...unique-players

Great article, everyone should take 10 minutes out of their day to read it. Scottish football is finally modernising after 30 years of standing still. Good to see United at the forefront of this.

Yep, good article. A club that brings though its own players is a club whose team I'd want to watch. This is the United I recognise.
    I remember thinking during the Forfar cup-tie that not once did any player attempt to beat his man. The focus on developing different kinds of players, each focusing on their gifts sounds encouraging.
    As an experiment (though it'll never happen) I'd like to see a group of wee laddies thrown a ball, two jumpers for goalposts, given no coaching, no interference, and told just to play football hour after hour, day after day, year after year. Then the "coach" goes back 10 years later to discover he has a dozen Jimmy Johnstones.
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Finan View Post
    Yep, good article. A club that brings though its own players is a club whose team I'd want to watch. This is the United I recognise.
    I remember thinking during the Forfar cup-tie that not once did any player attempt to beat his man. The focus on developing different kinds of players, each focusing on their gifts sounds encouraging.
    As an experiment (though it'll never happen) I'd like to see a group of wee laddies thrown a ball, two jumpers for goalposts, given no coaching, no interference, and told just to play football hour after hour, day after day, year after year. Then the "coach" goes back 10 years later to discover he has a dozen Jimmy Johnstones.
    Maybe.
    Would need a big canoe and a ton of beers if that happened

Great article. Have seen some negative comments about it this morning but mostly from f ucking dinosaurs.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    Great article. Have seen some negative comments about it this morning but mostly from f ucking dinosaurs.
    Same people who have held football in this country back for 30 years. You can always tell them though, straight away they bring up 4-4-2 and Saturday 3pm kick offs

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Same people who have held football in this country back for 30 years. You can always tell them though, straight away they bring up 4-4-2 and Saturday 3pm kick offs
    All for saturday 3pm kick off's love my few pints from 12 then match then few more pints after match if I am holding football in scotland back by enjoying that well so be it.Happy with any formation they want to use as long as it works for us.

Leicester won the EPL playing 442 and several top European sides use it to great effect.
    It seems to have become 'fashionable' to knock 442 because you rarely see it pre match on Sky but it remains a very effective lineup if you have the players to play it.
    (A kick off time won't affect a formation though &#128526

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Leicester won the EPL playing 442 and several top European sides use it to great effect.
    It seems to have become 'fashionable' to knock 442 because you rarely see it pre match on Sky but it remains a very effective lineup if you have the players to play it.
    (A kick off time won't affect a formation though &#128526
    Edit to add, there's plenty of articles on this, I chose this one because it's fairly short and makes my point about 442

https://www.google.com/amp/s/ussocce...4-4-2.html/amp

F*ck aye..... give me 4-4-2 with Appere and Chalmers either side of Fuchs and Butcher every single day of the week ahead of some of the sh*te square pegs in round holes trying to accommodate the three strikers into fancy diamonds we've had to put up with this season!

I love both of those things

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)