+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: OT - No mark reporting

OT - No mark reporting

The latest is talk on a couple of no mark online "news" outlets, The Athletic and FootballLeagueWorld, are "discussing" the possibility of Gary Cahill coming in the summer. He is, after all, Derbyshire born, they say.

FFS you stupid reporters. DCFC doesn't even have a pot to p155 is never mind pay the kind of wage Cahill would demand.

Why do they do it? Probably they have to publish something as they have their quota to fill. No facts to report? Let's make some 5h1t up about Derby................ am I far out on that guess?

We're flavour of the month MA, he's way past it now anyway!
    The press think they can milk DCFC for headlines at the mo when the only milk we've got curdled a long time ago!
    Mind you he could join Rooney having their sanatogen!!

Who's Mark, is he a marksman? Fire at will! Who's Will??!

Been a long day!

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

Why do they do it? Probably they have to publish something as they have their quota to fill. No facts to report? Let's make some 5h1t up about Derby................ am I far out on that guess?
    One of the guys who writes for my music mag (and a solid citizen he's been for me for a decade) also writes for one of the larger catchment 'local' newspapers and he's dead upfront with me and others that he no longer gets rewarded for quality, what matters now is quantity (of articles, or of reader clicks per article). He's not on sport (he hates sport) but he says he'll spin each 'man bites dog' story into half a dozen articles if possible

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    One of the guys who writes for my music mag (and a solid citizen he's been for me for a decade) also writes for one of the larger catchment 'local' newspapers and he's dead upfront with me and others that he no longer gets rewarded for quality, what matters now is quantity (of articles, or of reader clicks per article). He's not on sport (he hates sport) but he says he'll spin each 'man bites dog' story into half a dozen articles if possible
    Quelle surprise.................... pas!

Well it is click bait. It has most of Derbyshire & Nottinghamshire clicking it, for different reasons.

FLWs latest crap. A non-story on Ibe and Charlton.

It speaks of Ibe playing 25 games and scoring 5 goals.......... they neglect to state that that was years ago and that his latest sojourn with us consisted of 1 appearance as a sub..... and 1 cracking goal for the 23s.

It goes on to say that "he's been working under Rooney at Derby for years....".

A well worn phrase in life is "you couldn't make it up"............. Apparently they do.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    FLWs latest crap. A non-story on Ibe and Charlton.

It speaks of Ibe playing 25 games and scoring 5 goals.......... they neglect to state that that was years ago and that his latest sojourn with us consisted of 1 appearance as a sub..... and 1 cracking goal for the 23s.

It goes on to say that "he's been working under Rooney at Derby for years....".

A well worn phrase in life is "you couldn't make it up"............. Apparently they do.
    That is indeed the case, plus I find the repeating what some ex player or manager said as "news" when its just an opinion very irritating, but it does take a lot of effort to sort the wheat from the chaff in all reports in the media these days, even from more "reputable" outlets a lot of it is just waffle with very few facts.

Outlets such as FLW and the Athletic are, by me at any rate, deemed to be way less reliable than the Daily Fail............

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)