+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Good luck to Barnsley tonight......

The only difference between us and Barnsley is that they don't have a soft underbelly like us. They can see matches out.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    The only difference between us and Barnsley is that they don't have a soft underbelly like us. They can see matches out.
    Not sure this is true. Depends on how you define "soft underbelly". They had a final goal tally of +8, whereas ours was -16. Interestingly, we conceded fewer away goals than they did, but we had a big goals deficit at home where they were more successful. Our home record was our Achilles heel.

I think Brentford and Bournemouth would not have liked to have played against Barnsley.The very physical game they play stops them from playing football and Swansea knew they had to match them in that department to win the match last night.I still can't believe we are going down and Barnsley are in the playoffs, especially when we SHOULD have had a convincing win there a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Works better with younger players it seems since we ended up at opposite ends of the table.
    We do insist on a younger squad these days, and we've been doing this even before adopting this style of footy.
    Apparently every player should bring a profit when it comes to a possible sell on, and we simply don't like to go for players over 25 anymore.

Bump

Yes come on Barnsley.....it's only half time.

Quote of the week. The guy in the Sky studio said “ I want Barnsley to be a lot more horrible”.

Alex Neill said “ I don’t think that’s possible”. 🤣

Just reading on line that Ayew is reported to be on 83 grand per week at Swansea. Good grief.

Hope Barnsley win tonight, & go on to win at Wembley.

Been a miserable season for Yorkshire clubs, only Barnsley & Leeds Utd have shown credibility.

Swansea 1 up 38 mins Matt Grimes

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast