+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: My Oakwell return

My Oakwell return

What can I say absolutely amazing to be back in the ground.The atmosphere from entering and exiting Oakwell was electric and made the long wait well worth while.I said to my granddaughter that you're part of history after attending the last game against Cardiff and one of the chosen few to attend our first game back.
    As for the game I thought we deserved more than we got.No doubt a class goal from Ayew but with a little more luck we could and maybe should have has at least a draw.
    Saturday will be interesting.Do Swansea stick or twist?From what I saw last night Swansea are definitely beatable I wasn't over impressed with them at all.
    If the players go out and give there all I for one will be a very happy red.What ever the outcome this isn't the end of the journey,it's the beginning.

Glad you enjoyed it Bill.

I thought the crowd were very vocal, med some reight noise to say there was 4500. As the Sky cameras panned rarnd late on in the game, some in the crowd had glum faces as the clock ticked darn towards 90 mins and one or two were asleep (did anyone else clock them ) It was frustrating that we couldn't get the equaliser we deserved but it wasn't to be.

Great to see our supporters back inside oakwell, must've been brilliant. Glad thy enjoyed it Bill.

I couldn’t concentrate on the game. Sat in the North stand it was difficult to see it as I normally do from ESL. I felt a bit emotional to be honest and it was a bit like an out of body experience. Kept looking over at normal seats and thinking what a great view we have there... Overall I thought, throughout the game how Lucky I was to be there.I Didn’t mention before the game I had tickets, as I know a lot missed out, and would’ve wanted to be there.
    Shouldn’t moan really, but God.... Couldn’t sit behind the goal every week.... Not without new eyes!

One main thing I did notice last night, was the noise effect of having Reds fans all the way round 3 sides.... something I think Animal or Exile touched on before a few years ago... I thought last night that it worked......
    Walking away from the ground I kept looking back....weird that...

Great to hear Bill and Jules take on last night from inside the stadium .

Anyone else believe the occasion may have got to us a little .

The enormity of the game and fans back in the stadium for the first time in 15 months .

I say this because I thought Dike was too pumped up last night and I think that was a consequence of the occasion and fans back in the stadium .

I do think that there was a sort of “isn’t it nice to be at the top table and let’s enjoy the fact that we are back”. I’ll not criticise the performance, but I sensed that the players were perhaps waiting for a bit of stick at the first mistake....... at one point when Mads miskicked on the touch line I swear I heard a thousand folk breathe in sharply, and then check themselves........ I admit, I was one of them....