+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Play Off Semi final 2nd Leg Swansea City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Play Off Semi final 2nd Leg Swansea City v Barnsley Match Thoughts

Well we've all had our two penneth on last nights narrow 1-0 defeat .

Time to move on I feel and talk about the pivotal 2nd leg .

I feel a little downbeat today and Pass was reight a few weeks ago about how Swansea in the play offs would be the team who could give as good and they took from us .

So folks we have a problem don't we , as Ethel pointed out we've had three goes at this lot from South Wales and lost all three without scoring .

As he says , it's time to change and I agree with him .

Personally I'd ditch the high defensive line on Saturday evening and drop back 10 to 15 yards , this opens up a pocket of space that we can use to keep the ball on the floor and get Mowatt and Palmer on the ball with Woodrow also dropping a little deeper .

I can almost guarantee Swansea believe we can only play one way , our starting line up wouldn't give the game away either because other than Morris for Freiser I'd leave it be .

I'd press them but with nowt like the intensity we normally do because we need to manage our energy levels with the possibility of extra time .

I actually don't think we need to press them with a huge amount of intensity either , the Swansea back lads are decent defenders but there's no Beckenbauer's that I can see .

The definition of madness is to make the same mistake twice , so having given it three goes I reckon four times would be padded cell territory on steroids .

The season is down to one game or we are done , simple as that .

It's not worked Val against this lot .

Time to be brave and shake a dice mi owd .

I dont know if making the pitch ,bigger, is the answer Animal. Its certainly an approach we could take. What worries me about it is I wouldnt want Ayew and Lowe to have more space to play in. At least with a high line they are picking the ball up close to half way and not closer to our danger area. Look what Ayew did on one of the rare occasions he got the ball around our box. Helik was sleeping but hes got the quality to hurt you.

I cant come up with anything more constructive and I have confidence Val will give this problem some attention.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    I dont know if making the pitch ,bigger, is the answer Animal. Its certainly an approach we could take. What worries me about it is I wouldnt want Ayew and Lowe to have more space to play in. At least with a high line they are picking the ball up close to half way and not closer to our danger area. Look what Ayew did on one of the rare occasions he got the ball around our box. Helik was sleeping but hes got the quality to hurt you.

I cant come up with anything more constructive and I have confidence Val will give this problem some attention.
    It's a risk we are going to have to take Ethel , I can't see any way past us playing less directly but with a high defensive line .

I don't think Swansea are going to change their tactics just because they are at home either , they know what works against us and in any case this is the second leg of the play offs and they are a goal to the good , the last thing they want is an open game .

We need a different approach because all we are going to do is bang our head against a brick wall for the fourth time if we don't .

Val has to accept Swansea have got our number and be brave enough to make the change on the night .

I can appreciate the different views as to how we should play or possibly change our approach in the second leg. It's a valid point, especially having lost to these 3 times wi art scoring, but having digested last nights match, I think we should stick to the tactics and gameplan that has got us into this position in the first place.

Despite losing 1-0 lets try and put this into perspective.

Did Collins have a save to make last night? Did we get beaten by a better/superior team? Did they cause us many worries defensively? Did we create chances and promising situations ourselves?

This is doable. We go down there knowing exactly what we've got to do, just like Brentford away in the final game of last season. Nowt less than a win will do.

All the pressure and expectations are now on Swansea. I think our best approach is to stick to what we're best at. Start wi Deekay, Morris and Woodrow. Go straight at em from the first whistle, just like we did in the second half last night and put them right on the back foot early doors. If we can get a goal in that first 20 mins then I believe that the momentum will carry us through this tie.

I've been telling myself and other people that all week Pass. It's hard to watch at times etc but it has got us to the dance after all hasn't it, and it could be a criminal mistake to try and change things this late on.

BUT, once again after seeing us bang our heads against the brick wall last night, I'm worried now that just trying the same against them again for the 4th time, it might just fall flat yet again. And I'd hate that to happen especially because of a lack of a back up plan.

At this moment I'm really wondering what Val's plans are.

And hey lads, we do have the support of our Lancy Burnley dingle mates on their board.

https://boards.footymad.net/showthre...8276274&page=2

I fancy us to turn it round on Saturday , Chaplin to start instead of Dike ,
    Front 3 Morris Woodrow Chaplin , Woodrow and Chaplin subbed on 65 mins, Vic and Daz replace them , Palmer off Halme into Midfield , Styles off and replaced by Williams , EASY ! nowt to lose is there ????

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Front 3 Morris Woodrow Chaplin , Woodrow and Chaplin subbed on 65 mins, Vic and Daz replace them , Palmer off Halme into Midfield , Styles off and replaced by Williams , EASY ! nowt to lose is there ????
    Well I hope so mi owd , we do love an away leg play off semi final don't we ?

Played 3

Won 3

Get the first goal and it's GAME ON !!!!

Why has Nudger created another post regarding Swansea away ? It's a regular thing he does , any need for it ? " Attention seeker perhaps " ?

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Eh AGREE ! sorted 2-0

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast