+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Ellis, AKA...The Rock

Good old fashioned center half who pops up with goals at the other end, an absolute no brainer of a signing if we can get him to sign up, has been brilliant in his time here

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    Good old fashioned center half who pops up with goals at the other end, an absolute no brainer of a signing if we can get him to sign up, has been brilliant in his time here
    Could not have put it better mesen young man.

Only problem with this is he still lives in the North West and commutes. Can only see him signing a permo deal if the family moves. Could be difficult to get him. Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Only problem with this is he still lives in the North West and commutes. Can only see him signing a permo deal if the family moves. Could be difficult to get him. Fingers crossed.
    Maybe the mono rail project might entice him to sign.it must nearly be finished by now ,surely!?

I cannot see it happening. Apparently he fell out with Keith Hill who has been sacked and with the dude from Hartlepool favourite to come in and replace him ( hopefully before they get in the play offs) I am sure he will be aware of his quality and hang onto him. Not entirely sure on his contract situation there either.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I cannot see it happening. Apparently he fell out with Keith Hill who has been sacked and with the dude from Hartlepool favourite to come in and replace him ( hopefully before they get in the play offs) I am sure he will be aware of his quality and hang onto him. Not entirely sure on his contract situation there either.
    Believe it expires in the Summer

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Again not disagreeing but I'd heard part of the reason NA was sacked was because he insisted on signing Ellis against the opinions of the recruitment team
    So more than 2 weeks after we signed him, and in games when he’d played well they decide to use it as a reason to sack NA?!

That doesn’t make sense chap, if they’d have sacked him immediately after fair enough.

NA was sacked because we were playing poor enough to risk not making the play offs and even our most positive fans would struggle to see us winning them under him.

We were not improving no matter who we signed proven by him signing over three teams worth of players in his tenure.

Let’s move on, he wasn’t good enough.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Don_ORiordan View Post
    So more than 2 weeks after we signed him, and in games when he’d played well they decide to use it as a reason to sack NA?!

That doesn’t make sense chap, if they’d have sacked him immediately after fair enough.

NA was sacked because we were playing poor enough to risk not making the play offs and even our most positive fans would struggle to see us winning them under him.

We were not improving no matter who we signed proven by him signing over three teams worth of players in his tenure.

Let’s move on, he wasn’t good enough.
    I agree completely. The owners said as much about performances.
    I do disagree about NA not being good enough. His problem was borne more out of naivety and stubbornness. Not trusting the players to be more attack minded was his undoing. All managers have a way they want to set teams up. Ardleys was clear as day a defensive set up and he couldn’t get out of it, no matter how often he was telling us otherwise. The same players are doing the business and in the same formation. It’s the mentality that has changed.
    But as you say, let’s move on.

All roads lead back to NA no matter what the topic. Never change NCM , never change lol

As for Ellis, I'm sure the owners overall approach is a high proportion of players not all to be recruited using their model. As mentioned by others nowt wrong with having an experienced no nonsense centre half who isn't going to sold on for a profit to simply head and kick balls away with the added bonus of scoring at the other end.

A Tony Adams, a Dave Watson , a Steve Bruce a Terry Butcher type. He's been a fantastic signing and I'm certain we wouldn't be where we are if NA hadn't have signed him.

Is there a stream for Saturday now fans are back?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast