+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Ellis, AKA...The Rock

Could be our best loan signing since Grealish!

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Expertly summed up...
    Thanks mate, can definitely see a brighter future for us all and we deserve it after the last few years!

COYP

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Could be our best loan signing since Grealish!
    Fingers crossed that the loan becomes permanent

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    I didn't say it was THE reason he was sacked but part of the reason.
    Neither did I. Please read it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Again not disagreeing but I'd heard part of the reason NA was sacked was because he insisted on signing Ellis against the opinions of the recruitment team
    Thats rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    All of these Ardley signings now beginning to bear fruit with the correct coaching.
    We kept a lot fewer cleansheets since NA was sacked so this correct coaching hasnt worked on our defence has it????

But Ardley played defensively and didn't create anything, you have to take risks which at this level will leave space sometimes especially when you don't have much pace and power in the centre of midfield to cover the defence. IB wasn't happy after the 2 all and the defence stepped up against Wrexham.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    We kept a lot fewer cleansheets since NA was sacked so this correct coaching hasnt worked on our defence has it????
    Only a fool would argue that defensively we weren't solid under NA, that also was one of the main criticisms. The XI all had defensive duties which clearly worked at the expense of attacking intent and more importantly productivity aka chances and goals.

The weakness so far from an IB side is defensively clearly as attacking wise we are unrecognisable to earlier this season under NA as I'm sure you will agree Kelton. Even the number of goals being conceded under IB is reducing the more games he's in charge. I believe that's a fact.

Ardley/Radar made some very good signing, then they were poor , now they are good again. Rollercoaster stuff

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Only a fool would argue that defensively we weren't solid under NA, that also was one of the main criticisms. The XI all had defensive duties which clearly worked at the expense of attacking intent and more importantly productivity aka chances and goals.

The weakness so far from an IB side is defensively clearly as attacking wise we are unrecognisable to earlier this season under NA as I'm sure you will agree Kelton. Even the number of goals being conceded under IB is reducing the more games he's in charge. I believe that's a fact.

Ardley/Radar made some very good signing, then they were poor , now they are good again. Rollercoaster stuff
    I appreciate what your saying lasso
    But as far as I call it,it’s been simply down to players attitudes,no matter what system or manager..
    If you give 100%then you have every chance of winning,anything less then your in trouble.

Sorry laddo
    Bet you’ve never been called lasso.
    Let’s leave it there

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast