+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Mark Ellis, AKA...The Rock

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    Its no point playing 3 at the back if 2 of them are fullbacks?? .
    We could really get into this, but hasn't Chicksen coming in for Turner as the left-side defender been a big actor in our turnaround? If you remember the terrible 2nd goal we conceded at Yeovil in the game that finally did it for NA, I think we can appreciate having someone quicker and more mobile in there who is also good on the ball (as well as being a solid enough defender).

We've just seen Brindley-Ellis-Chicksen defend for their lives in an aerial bombardment at Wrexham and come away with a great 0-1 win. Rawlinson is going to come back in (he's done fine on the right) and that should help with what you're worried about...

Although TBH, what you want is not so scary now the final (if we can get that far) is at Ashton Gate and not Wembley.
    That pitch doesn't suit our older midfielders, defenders and players who sometimes struggle with their wind (which for us adds up to half our team!). No Wembley could be great news for us (any doubts, rewatch last years' final)

Wembley 115 by 75, Ashton Gate 105 by 68, wing backs for one should be happy about that.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    We could really get into this, but hasn't Chicksen coming in for Turner as the left-side defender been a big actor in our turnaround? If you remember the terrible 2nd goal we conceded at Yeovil in the game that finally did it for NA, I think we can appreciate having someone quicker and more mobile in there who is also good on the ball (as well as being a solid enough defender).

We've just seen Brindley-Ellis-Chicksen defend for their lives in an aerial bombardment at Wrexham and come away with a great 0-1 win. Rawlinson is going to come back in (he's done fine on the right) and that should help with what you're worried about...

Although TBH, what you want is not so scary now the final (if we can get that far) is at Ashton Gate and not Wembley.
    That pitch doesn't suit our older midfielders, defenders and players who sometimes struggle with their wind (which for us adds up to half our team!). No Wembley could be great news for us (any doubts, rewatch last years' final)

Wembley 115 by 75, Ashton Gate 105 by 68, wing backs for one should be happy about that.
    if you play 3 at the back with two so called smaller defenders for pace mobility and distribution then we need a keeper that can dominate his box on crosses and corners and free kicks etc.
    I didn't see the game at Wrexham but I heard it and by the sounds of things it seemed slocombe came and punched a lot of stuff that was thrown into the box. If he does start coming for crosses and dominating his area we will be the better for it.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    if you play 3 at the back with two so called smaller defenders for pace mobility and distribution then we need a keeper that can dominate his box on crosses and corners and free kicks etc.
    I didn't see the game at Wrexham but I heard it and by the sounds of things it seemed slocombe came and punched a lot of stuff that was thrown into the box. If he does start coming for crosses and dominating his area we will be the better for it.
    That's how it was, Slocombe was immense and having a keeper like that makes a massive difference as you say

Quote Originally Posted by Carlton_Pie View Post
    Oh no not the respect a point brigade!

How about you respect the fans and try to offer them entertainment and goals. Don't think I've ever disliked a manager more than NA, he made following Notts a chore and not something to look forward to.

If we're gonna lose, then by god have good go doing so.
    This a 1000%. I couldn't take much more of Ardleys anti football, even the wins felt exhausting and no fun. We had hardly any attacks and built up so slow we always had men behind the ball so no wonder at this level they didn't score much. This is completely forgetting that before that we let loads of goals in from crosses under Ardley for over a year, he was no defensive genius from day one, his teams regressed further and further back. Much better to have a go at teams then get the personnel in when you can in the windows to play this way better. Kelton is the only fan I've seen moaning on still, I bet he's a real laugh at parties, probably stands by the door moaning that people aren't taking their shoes off and leaving their coats all over, who cares where having fun, enjoying it and doing well. Long may it continue.

Also Ardley got shown up by Harrogates manager last season, he was streets ahead. Sorry not good enough Ardley, bye bye.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    so you think we were going to finish top 3 with Ardley still in charge ?
    Thats not what i said im referring to NA previous achievement

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    If you actually believe we can win the playoffs conceding an average of two goals a game you are so niave. I should remind you we finished 3rd last season under NA we wont do that this season. Its no point playing 3 at the back if 2 of them are fullbacks??
    Anyone who watched the game last night saw Brinds and Chiksen done in the air over abd over. We got away with it last night we wont in the play offs. Ellis is leading a charmed life. Two goals conceded on average in every game he has played in, that is the reality of the situation. Can we win the playoffs with that stat....... no of course we cant.
    I mean, we aren’t conceding an average of two goals a game (or anywhere near) under IB.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I felt they always gave 100% under Ardley, tbf they are a pretty hard working team. It was only a few games ago and we were saying they were even worse than under NA. I think it’s a case of playing slightly more expansive, they have got their rewards and now their tails are up.
    It’s about opinions..
    But I still feel not every player was playing 100%under ardley..
    A few players were under achieving
    1,I havnt got a clue what happened to enzio ...
    2,chicksen...where has this player been..
    So regardless of what formation,having two players for instance,at say 60% is going to hamper the way the team perform..
    Notts,so many times this year have been bullied and hassled into mistakes,and limited players have stood up and been counted.
    Now all of a sudden we’re a different side with players upping the workload.
    Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    It’s about opinions..
    But I still feel not every player was playing 100%under ardley..
    A few players were under achieving
    1,I havnt got a clue what happened to enzio ...
    2,chicksen...where has this player been..
    So regardless of what formation,having two players for instance,at say 60% is going to hamper the way the team perform..
    Notts,so many times this year have been bullied and hassled into mistakes,and limited players have stood up and been counted.
    Now all of a sudden we’re a different side with players upping the workload.
    Thoughts?
    On reflection the one thing IB has done that NA didn’t was to reward good performance with a spot in the side. Too often under NA a younger player would play well only to be benched. It was commented on over a few players, particularly younger ones.
    IB has basically given the player the shirt and it’s theirs to lose.

That really should nearly always be the case. I know the opposition can impact selection as can fatigue especially this season but overall play well, play again should be the motto.

NA certainly tinkered too much for a multitude of reasons.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast