+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: V Spurs

Hi Staffs, I hope you enjoy the site, and do not take me too seriously, in fact not seriously at all. I’m just a grumpy auld tw@ at times.

Though it does appear that I’m one year younger than you mate, woohoo

Welcome to the barmy house Staffs, sadly I cant claim to be younger than you, however I did spend quite a bit of my badly misspent youth in your county with several other Villans.

Welcome to the board Staffs.

⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone

Exiledvillan, I don't class myself as old, Ive just been young for a very, very long time
    Still have the same passion for the club now as I did when travelling home and away in my youth

Looking forward to joining in with the banter with you all
    VTID

Welcome Staffs, good to have some new blood to join the fray! Good times ahead indeed as you say, sadly I was too young to get to Rotterdam, my Mom wouldn't allow me to aged 11 despite the offer from a work colleague to take me!

Thanks Westcountryvillain

It still gets the hair on the back of my neck stand on end when I look back at PW's goal and then the cameras switch to the Villa fans, knowing I was in there.

I think we're in good hands with the owners we have, and so hopefully those Villa fans who are too young to remember 1982 can one day have that same experience us older Lions had

I can vividly remember watching it all unfold on the telly, all furnishings in the living room I can still see in my mind's eye. We only had 1 TV at the time and I banished my folks from the room!

I love the pic of Sir Dennis holding up the trophy in the white kit with his red armband.

I remember my mates and I sleeping on a grass bank on the riverside near the stadium after the game and a drink or two, as our coach didn't leave until the following morning. Great times

Anyway, that's enough of my reminiscing.

I trust the lucky 10,000 will make it a party atmosphere on Sunday and give the boys a Summer send off they deserve. I just hope it's not King Jack's last game for us

Hello Staffs. Every year jack's leaving but he's still here. Realistically I think he'll give us one more season before we cash in and he chases titles. Unless of course we improve another level and reach Europa next season.

Looking forward to hearing 10,000 Villans in fine voice. Come on lads!

Well every player has his price, he may not go to the Euros then again, he might. He may become player of the tournement, his stock may rocket. Barca, Milan, Juve may come in for him. 130 mill and the club will have to accept it, just as long as we get first refusal to buy back if, it goes pear shaped. If he is not picked and I feel Southgate won't, he will stay for one more season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)