+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ins and outs....

Ins and outs....

Lets start with the outs:
    Heaton free agent
    Elmo.....free agent
    Taylor....free agent
    Engels ..Time to let go
    Hourihane....as good as gone
    Barkley...i will pack his bag
    Wesley...loan out
    Davis.....loan out

We need strength in depth so theres 8 that need replacing and we have not signed any big names yet!
    Have I missed anyone?

I stand by my earlier thoughts. 3 serious signings this Summer. 2 B@stards in midfield. Jack and Ollie out wide, and a proper goalscorer through the middle, added to the present squad and youth players (If DS has the courage to put them in).

Outs? As you wrote Dave. Though it would've been tough to shift Trez when he was fit, nigh on impossible now he's crocked.

Not sure Wes would be of interest to another PL club having come back from a nightmare injury and he needs more time at this level, remember he had only half a season and already had 12 goals to his name. I'd like to see us sign a proper centre forward experienced enough to take him under his wing, someone like Ings who may not play every game but allows Ollie a rest. Ollie has been awesome this season in that role and if he can improve his 1 v 1 situations then the future is bright.

Engels is a decent player as cover for Mings/Konsa and Hause is also versatile enough to fill in at LB, Guilbert can challenge Cashy. To address the winger issue, go 3-5-2 and push the FB's forward as out & out wing-backs. Sign a proper spoiler DM and Jack through the middle with SJM/Sanson/Luiz - leaves the question mark of who partners Watkins out of Traore, El G (who for me is isn't in the game enough to influence it most of the time) or put Jack up there.

UTV!

Sorry mate, but that’s twice that you’ve credited Wes with 12 goals from half a season. It’s actually 6 in 23 games in all competitions.

I’m not saying that he will not come good, just that he hasn’t been very good thus far.

We need a proper sniper-type striker. Tammy??? He misses an awful lot of chances, which would be at a premium at our club. Ings? Yes please, but it'll never happen. We may have to wait for Barry to grow up.

Sentiment must not cloud judgement.

Okay ins then

1. Preaire (spelling) Bogrolls
    2. Tammy Cheslki
    3. Buendea Norwich

Thats 100M already!

We couldn't make a 'b@stard of a midfielder' between them, Dave. We have enough lightweight prima donnas as it is. Nos 1 and 3 are no better than our present wide boys, during one of their 1 in 10 performances, obviously.

Maybe Lange will sit back with a blank cheaque book watching the Euros as if in some weird version of the Generation Game? Cannot wait for the cuddly toy....

wouldnt be to upset to see those three in TD, as for a midfield b'st**d, I think Marv and SJM played in their best positions could fix that for us, SJM certainly plays better when he has Marv for backup, not saying Marv is perfect by any stretch, but if played more regularly I think he could be the answer. Like all of them he has a howler in him but in general he rarely lets us down and breaks up the oppositions playing rhythm effectively. Hope Lange has already decided who to go for rather than watching the euros for ideas, how many times have we seen players have a storming euros or world cup and then be absolute pants when signed, Poborsky springs to mind as an immediate example, sure other members can supply several more!!

Good point 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Sorry mate, but that’s twice that you’ve credited Wes with 12 goals from half a season. It’s actually 6 in 23 games in all competitions.

I’m not saying that he will not come good, just that he hasn’t been very good thus far.
    Blimey Exiled are you stalking me mate , where on earth did I get that stat from, must have dreamt it. It will of course have taken Wes some time to get used to the rigours of the English game and he was improving in what was often an isolated role but has a lot more to do to challenge Watkins who has been excellent. It'll take even longer now because of the injury but hopefully he'll have a good pre-season and be thereabouts - would be good to see how he gets on now that we're a better side.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)