+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: We are Dundee United

We are Dundee United

Let's be honest no one knows what Micky is on about when he says this. As someone living abroad it's an interesting notion though as I often talk about the importance of Dundee United to me. What one adjective do you think transcends all Arabs and summarises United.

Without trying to sound arsey I will say...

Vibrancy

As it covers tangerine and progressive thinking.

The coming from small beginnings and the struggle for survival to through the glory glory years to the ups and downs of the last few all go to making us Dundee United. The fact that at long last we seem to be getting back to doing what United did best producing young well coached talent...We are Dundee United

Humble and Grateful

Quote Originally Posted by sultan_of_arabia View Post
    Let's be honest no one knows what Micky is on about when he says this. As someone living abroad it's an interesting notion though as I often talk about the importance of Dundee United to me. What one adjective do you think transcends all Arabs and summarises United.

Without trying to sound arsey I will say...

Vibrancy

As it covers tangerine and progressive thinking.
    When Mickey came out with we are Dundee United I think what he was meaning was the club's great tradition since promotion from league 2 to the old first division and what has been achieved in the decades since. ie becoming one of Scotland's top clubs and consistently challenging for trophies. And that the club's mission now was to become that again.

Can't think of just one word that would sum that up though. What does always make me proud is how the fanbase has grown over the years since I first started going to Tannadice as a wee kid in 63/64. I was at our first Cup Final in 74 and if you'd told me that day we'd be back there in 2010 with 28500 Arabs it would have taken some believing.

Achieving a lot with what he have

A team that is competitive, defends well and gets the ball forward

Also we believe in youth development and a local team we can believe in

Special club with special history

I think MM means that we are a top club in Scotland and should expect to be doing well

Supportable

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)