+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When the season is over

When the season is over

I think we're all amazed at what the players and coach have achieved this season, and yes I know getting to and losing in the Play offs isn't quite an achievement etc. But regardless of what happens now in the 2nd leg this weekend, I'm happy to say its been a brilliant ride of a season, where we've broken various club records along the way.

When you also consider how poorly we started the season, what seems like ages ago now under Struber, this has been one hell of a turnaround. Whether we've been lucky or a flash in the pan or a one season wonder (yes I've heard allsorts of comments like these), well that argument is for another time.

What I'm thinking right now is if we can hold off another summer fire sale and keep almost all of our talent and coach together, then who knows what we might do next season when our fans are back.

You'd av thought we would beable to do that acido even if we sold a couple i think we would beable to strengthen.we'll have to see,were gonna have to replace mowatt unless we go up although kane may do a job but the future should be quite bright for us.

Theres also the news that Roy Hodgson will be leaving C. Palace at the end of the season, and there have been suggestions of them and a few other clubs showing an interest in Val.

The Mowatt situation is disappointing, but it looks like hes made it clear he will only stay if we go up, or has he even said that!.
    Where do we think we need to strengthen then, apart from replacing Mowatt of course ?.
    Well for me Dike also won't be here, I don't think we can afford the money that has been suggested. But with a change here or there, Im hoping for good things still from Morris, and hopefully Woodrow & Chaplin.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I think we're all amazed at what the players and coach have achieved this season, and yes I know getting to and losing in the Play offs isn't quite an achievement etc. But regardless of what happens now in the 2nd leg this weekend, I'm happy to say its been a brilliant ride of a season, where we've broken various club records along the way.

When you also consider how poorly we started the season, what seems like ages ago now under Struber, this has been one hell of a turnaround. Whether we've been lucky or a flash in the pan or a one season wonder (yes I've heard allsorts of comments like these), well that argument is for another time.

What I'm thinking right now is if we can hold off another summer fire sale and keep almost all of our talent and coach together, then who knows what we might do next season when our fans are back.
    I agree totally.

Going to be a very interesting summer if we remain in the championship .

There's no doubt offers will come in for several players , some maybe from PL clubs and that's going to be difficult for us because players heads will be turned .

Realistically I'd expect at least two to leave as a minimum plus Mowatt , Dike and Solly .

So that's five straight off the bat quite easily .

However this isn't the summer of 2019 either where we lost key players fresh up from league one and with several players not up to it , Cavare , McGeehan , Pinilos and Thiam we had a total rebuild on our hands .

That's not going to happen this summer because the players that remain at the club are championship proven .

Plus we have Kitching and the emergence of young Moon although it's early days for those two young lads .

You'd imagine any sales this summer will be for significant money and I'm hopeful we can replace these players effectively .

There's also the fact our stock has risen since 2019 and we may well be able to recruit players who we possibly couldn't two years ago .

The only concern is that the European market is difficult now as a consequence of leaving the EU and may only be available to recruit if they have full international status which may be difficult for us .

Under the present situation , Andersen and Helik possibly wouldn't be here .

That could be a problem for us .

One door closes another one opens,North and South America players could come on our radar.

Quote Originally Posted by bill46 View Post
    One door closes another one opens,North and South America players could come on our radar.
    As long as it int another Miguel Mossto! Ad settle for another Anderson De Silva though

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Going to be a very interesting summer if we remain in the championship .
    There's no doubt offers will come in for several players , some maybe from PL clubs and that's going to be difficult for us because players heads will be turned .
    Realistically I'd expect at least two to leave as a minimum plus Mowatt , Dike and Solly .
    So that's five straight off the bat quite easily .
    However this isn't the summer of 2019 either where we lost key players fresh up from league one and with several players not up to it , Cavare , McGeehan , Pinilos and Thiam we had a total rebuild on our hands .
    That's not going to happen this summer because the players that remain at the club are championship proven .
    Plus we have Kitching and the emergence of young Moon although it's early days for those two young lads .
    You'd imagine any sales this summer will be for significant money and I'm hopeful we can replace these players effectively .
    There's also the fact our stock has risen since 2019 and we may well be able to recruit players who we possibly couldn't two years ago .
    The only concern is that the European market is difficult now as a consequence of leaving the EU and may only be available to recruit if they have full international status which may be difficult for us .
    Under the present situation , Andersen and Helik possibly wouldn't be here .
    That could be a problem for us .
    It's a shame for Sollbauer, but I think Sibbick has been impressive there and he's got age on his side!.
    Collins has done well to take the no1 shirt from Walton, so will Jack still want to play second fiddle for another season or two maybe.
    I rate Halme but I'm not sure if we've got anywhere for him, unless it's as a back up once again. It didn't work for me when he was brought in to shore up the midfield.
    And speaking of midfield, I'm disappointed that we haven't given Odour a chance this season so he might want out. And do we really need Luke Thomas back again, what about bringing Matty James back again for a third time lol.
    With a slight change in style up front, I'm sure we can play more to the strength of Woodrow & Chaplin, that has been missed this season. Morris has been a good signing, and I can't say that I'd be too disappointed to see messrs Freiser & Ade loaned out at some point.

So many questions and not enough answers ehh.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    As long as it int another Miguel Mossto! Ad settle for another Anderson De Silva though
    Why have all the foreign players beginning with M been absolute pants... Miguel Mossto, Mido, & Maceo Rigters, they were all dustbin cannon fodder lol. Can anybody name anymore ?.

I think we have to do a Brentford now. 2 or 3 seasons consistently in the play offs, getting stronger, swapping a few players about, until we hit the 2nd spot. Maybe they miss out because they kept same manager, a new bloke this time may have been what they needed.
    Play off blindness is what they have..... the only way they will go up is to hit second place, ....... I’ll have a fiver on them if they bring someone new in at the end of this season. ....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast