+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Better Away

Better Away

33 points at home:
    10 wins 3 draws 7 lost

34 points away:
    9 wins 7 draws 4 lost

Hoping to change this on Saturday!!

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    33 points at home:
    10 wins 3 draws 7 lost

34 points away:
    9 wins 7 draws 4 lost

Hoping to change this on Saturday!!
    I made a post sometime ago about Notts home form being worse since the new meadow lane had been built due to the lack of atmosphere compared to the old meadow lane and to some extent it rang true that was the case. Of course there are other factors to consider as well, one being that since it has been rebuilt we have for the most part been rubbish. However with even less fans and even less atmosphere this season it seems I am not far off the mark. Amazing really how much vocal support and atmosphere can influence results.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    I made a post sometime ago about Notts home form being worse since the new meadow lane had been built due to the lack of atmosphere compared to the old meadow lane and to some extent it rang true that was the case. Of course there are other factors to consider as well, one being that since it has been rebuilt we have for the most part been rubbish. However with even less fans and even less atmosphere this season it seems I am not far off the mark. Amazing really how much vocal support and atmosphere can influence results.
    I think the main reason is the steady decline of the club and team. Their have been times when the atmosphere has been toxic due to discontent with managers and owners. Results and performances were never going to hold out.
    The last promotion a decade ago was some of the best atmospheres I can remember, even with full houses in odd cup games before and since then. The Rochdale win at home stands out.
    When we are truly behind the team we can definitely be vociferous in our support and be a true 12th man. The problem is when are not we can be a 12th man for the opposing sides. Managers in recent years have said as much. You only have to look at some of the clubs with issues of their own. Blackpool fell off a rock, no pun intended. They get the ownership sorted and now look.
    That all said the club has steadily got back on an even footing and hopefully as a club, team and support we can grow and become more and more successful.

Since fans have been excluded, home advantage has vanished for pretty much everyone. Obviously a few exceptions to the rule but generally most teams home form have suffered

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Since fans have been excluded, home advantage has vanished for pretty much everyone. Obviously a few exceptions to the rule but generally most teams home form have suffered
    Home wins are currently up on last season at this level, it's draws that have gone down.

Tier 5 Results percentages

2019/20
    Home wins: 41% Away wins: 32% Draws: 27%

2020/21
    Home wins: 42% Away wins: 36% Draws: 22%

All good stuff.

Basically, what I'd say is that when we're playing football like we are at the moment and giving 100% to a man, the support should be the same.

I'm sure it will be on Saturday.

We've not had too much to cheer about over the past decade, but this game on Saturday has to be a highlight, regardless of whether we win or lose. I don't want people getting on players backs when we build up play or go backwards at times etc... I'm just nervous that some fans may turn if it's not going all our way.

I think not having the crowd has made a big difference this season, I think we'd have done much better at home with the crowd there.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Home wins are currently up on last season at this level, it's draws that have gone down.

Tier 5 Results percentages

2019/20
    Home wins: 41% Away wins: 32% Draws: 27%

2020/21
    Home wins: 42% Away wins: 36% Draws: 22%
    Is that because we don't respect the point any more?