+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Shankland misses out on Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    A fully fit Ryan Fraser should be in that starting 11 for all 3 games
    He'll definitely get minutes in the 2 friendlies. An important player when on form. Clark saying they'll wait on Fleck so maybe no replacement required at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Nah, Patterson the Rangers right back with 7 first team starts behind him is already going.
    good point cant wait to see him

aye and he is at best 65% fit just now

100% agree. His best games have been with Scotland. Great wee player on his day.

Not worried about Fleck, more worried in case others get it too.

Quote Originally Posted by tckeay83 View Post
    I'm absolutely gutted for Lawrence Shankland missing out on the Scotland squad. As Ian McCall said last night he is one of the most natural finishers in Scottish football, when he gets the proper service!!
    Two things
    Clarke says he only had to make two phone calls to Considine and Palmer - what a disgrace that he never phoned Shankland, who was a mainstay of quite a number of squads and scored a crucial penalty in play off against Israel, so Clarke has gone down hugely in my estimation for this real public slap in the face for Shankland

If I was Lawrence, I would be raging with Micky Mellon, the reason he is missing out on possibly his only chance of playing at a national tournament with Scotland is simply down to Mellon and the non-football we played for large chunks of the season. If I was Shanks I would be making this clear to Mellon and slapping in a transfer request and getting out of the club as soon as possible. It will be sad to see him go, but is now inevitable.

As I said gutted for Shanks and especially as well when players like Fleck are ahead of him and Nathan Patterson is picked because he plays for Rangers!!
    The bottom-line is Shnklands scoring record in the top flight in Scotland is poor and thats why he's not included.

Flecks goalscoring record is hardly great either but at least he is playing in a very good league .

Quote Originally Posted by DBDU View Post
    The bottom-line is Shnklands scoring record in the top flight in Scotland is poor and thats why he's not included.

Flecks goalscoring record is hardly great either but at least he is playing in a very good league .
    Also they play in two completely different positions. You can only compare Shankland with Dykes, Adams and Nisbet

Scotland squad numbers. Can we take the first eleven as Clarkes preferred starting eleven? Certainly looks like it might be.

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/scotla...squad-numbers/

A goal to rival Shanklands halfway line strike I think

Shared from BBC Sport
    Watch: Hartford Athletic's Conor McGlynn scores from beyond the halfway line in USL - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57398667

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    A goal to rival Shanklands halfway line strike I think

Shared from BBC Sport
    Watch: Hartford Athletic's Conor McGlynn scores from beyond the halfway line in USL - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/57398667
    no way there appears to be an up market dr noodles lounge or two behind goal.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)