+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Shankland misses out on Scotland

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Not sure what greg Taylor did to deserve a call up, same amount of strikers as left backs in squad.
    Tierney will be playing centre half, therefore Taylor is cover for Robertson.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    BBC saying the last time Fraser played a game was the last time he played for Scotland in March.
    Yeah, he's been injured but is coming back to full fitness. What is the manager supposed to do? Leave out one of our best performers recently despite the fact he'll be fully fit come June? Fraser has been a great wee player for Scotland and is well worth his call up.

One thing I couldn't get my head round was this. In the qualifiers Gallacher was our best CH yet there was speculation he might not make the squad? Made it though.

And Jack Hendry who flogs goals for fun is picked. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Yeah, he's been injured but is coming back to full fitness. What is the manager supposed to do? Leave out one of our best performers recently despite the fact he'll be fully fit come June? Fraser has been a great wee player for Scotland and is well worth his call up.
    Yeah, agree, I would have included him, was just replying to the OP

One thing I couldn't get my head round was this. In the qualifiers Gallacher was our best CH yet there was speculation he might not make the squad? Made it though.

And Jack Hendry who flogs goals for fun is picked. Weird.
    Will be interesting to see how Clarke plays it. Three or four at the back. McTominay in defence or midfield. As you say arguably our best CH recently in Gallagher, in or out.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Will be interesting to see how Clarke plays it. Three or four at the back. McTominay in defence or midfield. As you say arguably our best CH recently in Gallagher, in or out.
    They reckon he'll go 3 at the back to accommodate Tierney with Andy playing in front of Tierney. McTominay in midfield I think, given that Jack and McLean are missing. Fine going forward but not so sure about reverse gear or set pieces.

They reckon he'll go 3 at the back to accommodate Tierney with Andy playing in front of Tierney. McTominay in midfield I think, given that Jack and McLean are missing. Fine going forward but not so sure about reverse gear or set pieces.
    That's how I see it as well. I liked McTominay at the back too. He wasn't the greatest defensively but he brought a calmness to the back line and an ability to bring the ball out that we just don't have otherwise.

Not surprised to see Shankland miss out, he has been robbed of service in this team but he has also struggled to finish some simple 1 v 1's. Its a shame that it appears that he has had a severe knock to his confidence at a crucial time. Hopefully he will use it as a boot up the erse for next season....I can't help but think that he will really regret this missed opportunity!

10 defenders is too many. Should have shaved one off that and added a midfielder. Will we need six centre-halfs? And McTominay is possibly used as a defender anyway. Ryan Gauld has been tearing up the Portuguese league and surely deserved a place.
    Selecting Nathan Patterson is a strange thing to do after just seven games as a senior pro, no matter how good he has been. Playing in a Rangers side that has its right-back play in the opposition half for 75% of the game is a lot different from playing in a Scotland side that might be forced to defend deep and in numbers for long periods.

Gutted for Shanks and wouldnt blame him if he wanted to leave of the back of this. Absolutely eye bleeding stuff this season and his confidence and that sharpness in front of goal has suffered. He will be off to Hearts as soon as they get the chance I bet.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)