+ Visit Swansea City FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Swansea v Barnsley

Swansea v Barnsley

It’s the second leg of our play-off semi-final on Saturday with the unusual kick-off time of 18:30.
    We take a 1-0 lead into this match thanks to Ayew’s fine left-footed strike in the first leg.
    The 3k Swans fans being allowed to attend have been selected by a ballot and will be given free tickets. This is the first time our fans have been allowed in the Liberty Stadium for over a year and it will be a bit surreal. How they are supposed to shout and sing with the restriction of the mandatory wearing of face masks I don’t know.
    Our home record hasn’t been too clever lately, dropping too many points with last minute goals through lack of concentration.
    Barnsley have stuttered a bit also, with a 2-0 defeat at Preston in their last away match.
    A tension filled evening in prospect then, with a Wembley appearance the reward for the winners.

Good luck to the Swans tomorrow.
    I remember that famous semi final play off in 2011 against Forest very well.
    I was up at Forest for the first leg when Taylor got sent off in the first minute and we played the rest of the match with ten men and held Forest to a draw.
    Second leg that Pratley goal from the half way line into an empty net in the last few minutes when their goalkeeper left his goal for a corner the other end will always be one of my favourite goals.
    Come on the Swans, you can do it again!

Yes indeed it does all come down to this decider. And for us we think this tie is still balancing on a knife edge, and if we're not careful, one team or the other might end up cutting themsenns. Have you got any first aid plasters there at the new Vetch field stadium.

Ok yes Im trying to look at this in a light mood lol, but I am getting really excitedly nervous in the build up this time. I was at work and sober in the 1st leg, but Im going to be here at home and on the lash for this 2nd leg, so it might get a but fiesty on here this time tomorrow.

Hi Acido.
    I am one of the lucky ones and will be there tonight. It will be strange after over a year of restrictions to finally watch my team live again. I am nervous and not sure if I want to go after this amount of time away, an odd reaction I know.
    Over the years we’ve gone through many highs and lows, from beating Hull to stay in the football league, to beating Valencia 0-3 at the Mestalla Stadium in the Europa Cup under Michael Laudrup and winning the League Cup.
    Relegation three seasons ago was heartbreaking after seven seasons in the Premier League. We needed to beat Mark Hughes’ Southampton at the Liberty to stay up, we lost 0-1, and it was horrible. Our American hedge-fund owners then proceeded with a fire sale and sold over thirty players at give away prices.
    We are in the play-offs today despite them, not because of them, as they haven’t invested a penny and haven’t been seen at the stadium since we were relegated. They are still selling our best players and in the latest January sales, desperate for revenue, sold our top player Joe Rodon to Spurs for £10m, half his market value.

jackaway, i’ll have your ticket if you don’t want to go!
    Come on the Swans you can do it!

Swans 1 (Grimes 39’) - Barnsley 1 (Woodrow 71’)
    Aggregate score 2-1

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)