+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Jack Marriott

Jack Marriott

Jack Marriott returns to Derby
    I get the feeling that we would have been a lot safer with him in the team than going out on loan
    Was it a financial thing ?
    I know he didn't set Sheff Wed alight , but I keep think back to Leeds play off match there's something of a player in there
    But what has gone wrong ?
    Myself I would like him given the chance

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    Jack Marriott returns to Derby
    I get the feeling that we would have been a lot safer with him in the team than going out on loan
    Was it a financial thing ?
    I know he didn't set Sheff Wed alight , but I keep think back to Leeds play off match there's something of a player in there
    But what has gone wrong ?
    Myself I would like him given the chance
    But for how long Eddie, we've given better players less time in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    But for how long Eddie, we've given better players less time in the past
    I doubt we have a better striker at the club than a confident and in form Jack Marriott, AF.

Maybe shades of Vydra in terms of being a ‘confidence player’...if we could only find the secret to re-establishing Marriott’s fitness (possibly both mental and physical) I still think we’d be onto a winner.

Do remember in Rooney’s debut appearance (Barnsley, Jan’20?) Marriott missed numerous chances and ended up getting a visible, and imo deserved, b0llocking from our frustrated debutant. Maybe Marriott responds more to the carrot than the stick and there is some ongoing problem with WR.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    I doubt we have a better striker at the club than a confident and in form Jack Marriott, AF.

Maybe shades of Vydra in terms of being a ‘confidence player’...if we could only find the secret to re-establishing Marriott’s fitness (possibly both mental and physical) I still think we’d be onto a winner.

Do remember in Rooney’s debut appearance (Barnsley, Jan’20?) Marriott missed numerous chances and ended up getting a visible, and imo deserved, b0llocking from our frustrated debutant. Maybe Marriott responds more to the carrot than the stick and there is some ongoing problem with WR.
    We have a distinct lack of pace in our team. Just a fit Marriott buzzing round defenders to make a mistake. Remember the goal at WBA and Leeds away in the play offs .Its all to easy for opposition defenders at the moment

Anyhow Derby do some bizarre things at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    We have a distinct lack of pace in our team. Just a fit Marriott buzzing round defenders to make a mistake. Remember the goal at WBA and Leeds away in the play offs .Its all to easy for opposition defenders at the moment
    Agreed eddy...he’s probably the best we’ve got...but in the same way as Daniel Sturridge was probably the best striker in England for a while...they’re not much use if they spend three quarters of each season unavailable for selection.

Whatever pool of players we have, we have to make the most of them, and Marriott might just have a role in a small squad, even if it's just an option off the bench. I can't see us getting much for him, so may as well use him.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)