+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nuno

Plates that was a 1st CLASS summation. If there were ratings "I'd give it 5" (as Janice would say, for those of you old enough!)

Totally agree with Wolfiebill...that was beautifully written, Plates' and surely covered all aspects of the joy-ride we have experienced with Nuno these past few years. At the moment I'm feeling stunned by the news of his pending departure and can only speculate upon the reasons for his going. Is it due to an underlying feeling of homesickness as some have suggested, or could it be that for reasons unknown the prospect of continued employment with Fosun no longer appeals. Has he received an offer elsewhere that is too good to refuse? Perhaps Fosun seeks to ease him out the door for perceived lack of performance during the current season, but due to lengthy periods of injury to key players and the absence of an experienced striker to 'lead the charge', what more could they reasonably expect?

Spoilt by the success of the past three seasons, I've recently become frustrated by Wolves growing lack of consistency and direction. In spite of all else I began to wonder if Nuno was losing his touch, but hurriedly pushed such silly ideas to the back of my mind....surely not! Now, that his departure has been confirmed I realise how much I shall miss his presence at Wolves. No more the understated comment following a Wolves victory (and we had a few, didn't we?) or his guarded approach to future plans and prospects (which often sounded annoyingly repetitive). No more the gleam in his eye or the contemptuous stare of frustration in response to nonsensical questions by the media. No more his display of unrestrained delight as, with others, he shared in the euphoria of a 'victory huddle' to celebrate another Wolves victory. For all Wulfies his name will long be remembered with great affection and admiration. Nuno, best wishes for the future and many thanks for reinforcing our pride in the mighty Wolves.

Great post Plater!

Your epistle was a great read Plater. Probably summed up the feelings and thoughts of most Wolves fans.

Great posts from Plates and Grizz above, as the dust settles I find myself starting to agree that although I hate the idea of Nuno going, the time is right for all concerned...

https://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/1080846912?-300:786

So after loads of rumours, Nuno is now at Spurs. He visits Molineux very early in the season.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)