+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Kiko in for Meslier, to play in front of fans for the last game, WTF?

We have a core of about 6 young or youngish players around which a team for the next 5 or so years can be build if we can hang onto them all.

Whilst Bielsa stays shouldn’t be an issue.

Honestly, I think the whole 'racism' thing is a nonsense. From what I can gather all Casilla has said is the Spanish word for black telling his players to mark someone. Like someone saying mark the ginger guy or mark the tall one or mark the prick with the top knot. Reminds me of John Terry calling Anton Ferdinand a '**** black *****', that is directed at him and racist using his skin colour as an insult, Casilla telling his players to mark him and identifying him by colour of his skin is not racist and if it is then bloody hell.

This is why I think Bielsa, Radz, Orta etc haven't cast him out, they know it was not him being racist. If he had genuinely racially abused this player he'd have been kicked out. It has just been shown to be the FA wanting to be shown to take action so they don't get accused of anything.

Honestly think if the Spanish word for black was 'Bod' or something none of this would ever have happened. I'm not a massive Casilla fan but just think at this point if he had genuinely done anything racist he wouldn't be here anymore.

Might be wrong, might be right.

I think the black lad was a snowflake

I think it was a very good bit of business playing Kiko the last 2 games. He looked solid. it may enable us to get something for him from another team.

as mentioned in a previous post. I suspect Kiko has helped Meslier quite a bit. It's the least we can do to make sure that he gets to continue playing as long as he wants. Helps recruiting.

Kiko looked a little rusty, but his fundamentals are obviously decent and, as said, I'm sure he's helped Meslier push on this season. Not the worst goalkeeping option to have by a long way.

Whatever he said (and whatever he really meant) aside, one possible drawback from a Leeds perspective is that I believe he is on one of the better personal contracts, so he's not a "cheap" solution. I don't know how much longer is on said contract.

Somewhat related: I reckon Cooper was possibly intending on playing the ball to Kiko instead of Kalvin and it took the latter by surprise for their goal?

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Honestly, I think the whole 'racism' thing is a nonsense. From what I can gather all Casilla has said is the Spanish word for black telling his players to mark someone. Like someone saying mark the ginger guy or mark the tall one or mark the prick with the top knot. Reminds me of John Terry calling Anton Ferdinand a '**** black *****', that is directed at him and racist using his skin colour as an insult, Casilla telling his players to mark him and identifying him by colour of his skin is not racist and if it is then bloody hell.

This is why I think Bielsa, Radz, Orta etc haven't cast him out, they know it was not him being racist. If he had genuinely racially abused this player he'd have been kicked out. It has just been shown to be the FA wanting to be shown to take action so they don't get accused of anything.

Honestly think if the Spanish word for black was 'Bod' or something none of this would ever have happened. I'm not a massive Casilla fan but just think at this point if he had genuinely done anything racist he wouldn't be here anymore.

Might be wrong, might be right.
    With you on the racist thing, and you'll see from my earlier posts that apart from the fact he was banned meant Meslier got an opportunity he might have had, that issue wasn't my main concern, but the impact on Meslier of being dropped (apparently for no better reason than releasing him for international duties, bit spurious IMHO) and Casilla getting the opportunity to keep, at ER, in front of fans for the first time since we returned to the PL. Didn't even see Meslier at the post-match celebrations, was he at ER?

Not sure we have heard the last of the matter, given the malign influence that agents can have, particularly on younger, more impressionable players.

He's very affable via Media & Twitter @MeslierIllan regarding any polite questions in French/English and was happy at the weekend.

you seem to want to make a massive issue out of this where there isnt one WTF? not enough to moan about this season obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by asturianblanco View Post
    you seem to want to make a massive issue out of this where there isnt one WTF? not enough to moan about this season obviously.
    And as I've said previously, you can't resist scratching that itch.

"None are so blind as those who will not see."

Let's see how the closed season and ins and outs develop, shall we? Your record on discerning what are, or are not, "good bits of business" (your words, not mine), doesn't bear too close an examinations, let's hope you're better at reading the runes when it comes to how happy players are, and my concerns are shown (shown, not guessed) to be wrong.

what post are you relpying to?? clearly not #28 as your answer bears no relation, unless of course, that was the idea.....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)