+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Match Thread vs. Weymouth 22.05.21 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    That's all you can ask Carlton. Teams suffer bad luck, awful refereeing decisions which can both be decisive but as long as we give it our all and leave nothing back in the dressing we can have no complaints.

If we fail to get promotion this season, dependent as usual on retention and recruitment, we should be in a very positive mood for promotion next season with or without the final parachute payment.
    We have to go up this season for me. The nucleus of this side will be gone at the end of this campaign. The older players will go and We will lose a number of players to league clubs if we dont go up and may do so even of we do get promoted. The side next year will be massively different one way or another. Most of our players have never played beyond Div2 and have dropped out of even that league. We have to be realistic about our chances

I think we've got a great chance of going up this season but even if we didn't, I would expect IB with a window to dominate this league next year. I even think we could do something in the league above with the right players coming in if we go up this season. I spoke to my dad today who went yesterday and he said it was night and day. Watching their keeper play it to the left back then back to him then the right back because of our press he said was great. For me the change of manager was at exactly the right time.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I was right in line and thought it was a definite penalty, now I'm not so sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    We have to go up this season for me. The nucleus of this side will be gone at the end of this campaign. The older players will go and We will lose a number of players to league clubs if we dont go up and may do so even of we do get promoted. The side next year will be massively different one way or another. Most of our players have never played beyond Div2 and have dropped out of even that league. We have to be realistic about our chances
    The nucleus that would have failed to get us up in 2 consecutive seasons? Unlike you I’m not concerned. I trust in the club to bring in players that hopefully have us challenging in which ever division we are in. Despite our league placing we are still attractive to potential players.
    The main thing is that players like Wootton, Roberts and Rodrigues are all under contract so we have players of genuine attacking quality.
    I would also be optimistic in keeping a fair chunk of the defence and hope we can sign Ellis and Miller.
    So in that respect I don’t think it’s **** or bust.
    Do you think the squad we have now would be good enough for League 2? I don’t. I honestly think we would need a good 5 or 6 to compliment the squad.

What Notts78 said I concur, excellent post.

We've have many a season where the nucleus of the squad remains and we do no better or worse. Conversely we've had many a season where we've made sweeping changes and replaced too many. It's a tough balance to get right and although the overall recruitment has been (rightly) questioned I have faith in the owners, the system, the football radar analysis and the head coach.

Above all I was bored of the old traditional approach, so this relatively unique new approach is what I'm fully buying into#allin

Why will we lose players to League Clubs?

Owners are under no financial pressure to sell and there's no do or die when it comes to promotion and have gone on record saying they are patient.

They're trying to build something to last, not achieve promotion and bust

One of the most notable things about our squad is how many have been regulars at League One level or above, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayeayeskipper View Post

Does that make our management team 'Popeye Doyle'?

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415