+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs. Weymouth 22.05.21 [NL]

Hornchurch have won the FA Trophy.

Fantastic afternoon, well worth the wait. I was a bit concerned that with the fans being so spread out it wouldn't feel like a proper game, but that concern evaporated in the first minute. This was what I had missed so badly, it was every bit the real thing. We need to go all out for 5th place, because I can't wait to go back to Meadow Lane again. We played some really good stuff, and 6-0 would have been a more accurate scoreline. Well done to everyone in the ground, the atmosphere was brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Hornchurch have won the FA Trophy.

A rare Wembley Pitch invasion.

Apparently "I'm Horny" was played over the tannoy each time Hornchurch scored. Result 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    I don't think we'll be playing wing backs next season
    Why so?

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    A rare Wembley Pitch invasion.

Apparently "I'm Horny" was played over the tannoy each time Hornchurch scored. Result 3-1.
    Really pleased for them. That's what the competition is all about, giving tiny clubs the chance of a day out at Wembley. It should have been ours for the taking, but I'll settle for a win at Ashton Gate instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Really pleased for them. That's what the competition is all about, giving tiny clubs the chance of a day out at Wembley. It should have been ours for the taking, but I'll settle for a win at Ashton Gate instead.
    This. Completely.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I don't know, but for his sake he needs to go back to the drawing board if it was.

Ardleyball was like late stage Wengerball.

Burchball reminds me more of Liverpool under Klopp, or Atalanta under Gasperini.

We play so many more vertical passes now. We pass into space now, not just to feet. We take players on. We get bodies in the box from midfield and even from defence. We have so much more width now the wide players aren't under orders to always cut inside. We play much faster now. The players look like they enjoy their football now, and dont seem burdened with patterns and systems (although I'm sure they still have them).
    Not bad for a PE teacher who has no experience managing in the English game until now.

Particularly delighted for him after his baptism of fire and of course the squad who are clearly reacting to his coaching knowledge and methods.

A great day. Great atmosphere in the ground

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast