+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: V Chelski

V Chelski

Whatever team he picks, bring Elmo and Taylor on for 5 mins as they will be leaving!
    Personally, I feel Smudge will pick the same team as Wednesday v spurs.
    It will be a tougher game and right now, I will take a draw but with 10k behind the lads, it may just spur us on.
    1-1

I’d imagine that he’ll start the same XI, he rarely changes a side, win, lose, or draw. Sitting on the fence, we’ll either win by 1, or lose by 3.

You can’t but praise DS, he’s improved us year on year. Finishing mid-table always means that you’ve had ups and downs. It’s just a shame that most of our downs seem so avoidable.

I think we might see a cameo from Elmo so the fans can thank him for his loyal service, Deano certainly has improved us and we have a great crop of youngsters coming through so hopefully good times ahead. Will also be interesting to see how Sanson fits in after a full pre-season.

I'm also for the 1-1 draw.

I'd also like to see Elmo come on for the last 5 mins, but if the game is tight, DS will have professional duty to the others involved in the fight for 4th place. If any subs are made it will be to try and win the game.

If the game goes one of the ways Exiled says i.e losing by 3, then yes, Elmo could make an appearance

I’d have thought that Elmo would start, as I think that he’s a better RB than Konsa (Konsa is a damn good CH). Why DS is trying to shoehorn Hause into an unbroken CH partnership, is beyond me.

Unless of course, he’s experimenting? Experimenting with players that he knows inside out, having signed Konsa twice and Hause once on loan and once permanently

We’ll find out in 15mins or so.

C’mon the Villa.

Thats our season, lose to Ralace and beat Spurs and Chelsea on the bounce.
    Happy boy tonight. Cheers all.

Happy indeed !

Consistency next season is needed. When you think about the points we dropped against the bottom clubs this season ( 'bottom clubs season', that alone sounds good! ), including losing at Sheff Utd and drawing at home with our stripey friends from Sandwell......

Yep - and this lot are only going to get better

Thanks to all of our squad for a wonderful season, a great team all in it together... you have saved me from this depression this season, i love you all xx

Fantastic ending to the season and a big well done to the lads. I can't help but wonder where we'd be if we'd hung on to the many games where we scored first. Still mid table is a respectable finish and I'm delighted. Can't wait for the transfer window to open.

Thanks also to all you lovely people that contribute to the board and keep our little Villa family forum going for so many years. x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)