+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: OT - nul points

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    RA you've done it again.
    You've just dismissed it as individuals actions. It isn't. It is the establishment and its lack of action or lies.
    Saville was known about and covered up
    Bashir, was known about and covered up.

Who do these people think they are?
    The next one, is brewing. I'll give you a snippet. It's the witch hunt of Alex Belfield with Notts police.
    I'll let you do your own home work. Patel and other MP's are on it.
    Do the research and get back to me, when you arrive at a conclusion.
    Lol...from Franco v Cliff Richard in 1968 to ‘motormouth’ Alex Belfield. You stick to the Express and YouTube, Tricky...I’ve got better things to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    As a musician what songs did you rate?
    Musically, they were all mimed to perfection lol! The UK song was really well written, just lacked a strong vocalist.

Can't say I particularly enjoyed a single song, but taste is subjective, so there's no right or wrong. Music isn't a competition, so the whole concept is flawed, but passable as a bit of fun.

Real life conversations often go off on tangents and it should surprise no-one that it can happen online as well.

My take on it is this......

There was nothing new in the interview that hadn't been covered in the biography on her a couple of years earlier.

Charles and Diana were already apart and the interview was not the cause.

The cause was Charles' infatuation with Camilla. An affair that started when she was married. Continued after her divorce. Rolled on even after the "firm" had decided he couldn't marry her. Blossomed during Charles' wooing and marrying of Diana. Didn't stop when they married and still continues to this day. There's no disputing his love for her BUT he should have ditched her once he started his relationship with Diana. I find it reprehensible that he, apparently, had so little respect for Diana that he seems to have treated her like some kind of brood mare. How he must have hated having to raise Hewitt's child as his own.

Bashir should face the courts for his forgery/fraud.

Those in the BBC who would have known about it, probably right up to John Birt, the DG at the time, all have some huge questions to answer and, should any illegal activity be found, face any consequences that might be coming their way.

As for my viewing of the show....... it's a huge hit in the Netherlands and the family is Eurovision daft. I simply sit there and drink beer whilst watching. The show is watched on the beeb as the family love Graham Norton's irrevent comments.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Real life conversations often go off on tangents and it should surprise no-one that it can happen online as well.

There was nothing new in the interview that hadn't been covered in the biography on her a couple of years earlier.

The cause was Charles' infatuation with Camilla. An affair that started when she was married. Continued after her divorce. Rolled on even after the "firm" had decided he couldn't marry her. Blossomed during Charles' wooing and marrying of Diana. Didn't stop when they married and still continues to this day. There's no disputing his love for her BUT he should have ditched her once he started his relationship with Diana. I find it reprehensible that he, apparently, had so little respect for Diana that he seems to have treated her like some kind of brood mare. How he must have hated having to raise Hewitt's child as his own.

Those in the BBC who would have known about it, probably right up to John Birt, the DG at the time, all have some huge questions to answer and, should any illegal activity be found, face any consequences that might be coming their way.

As for my viewing of the show....... it's a huge hit in the Netherlands and the family is Eurovision daft. I simply sit there and drink beer whilst watching. The show is watched on the beeb as the family love Graham Norton's irrevent comments.
    Completely agree with virtually all that, MA.

Only joshing about you watching Eurovision. It’s just that I associate you with musical taste and knowledge...everything that Eurovision isn’t...imo.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post

I’m not a Norton fan but he’s funny and sharp as a pin on Eurovision. There was one guy who came on to give the votes for, let’s say, macedonia, and his background was a really badly framed random tree and a statue - Norton’s sarcastic ‘ah Macedonia, the land of trees and statues’ had me in hysterics

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Completely agree with virtually all that, MA.

Only joshing about you watching Eurovision. It’s just that I associate you with musical taste and knowledge...everything that Eurovision isn’t...imo.
    You need to get out of your comfort zone a bit more rA! Taste is subjective and although most of Eurovision wasn’t to mine it was a hoot nonetheless. ‘The Ears Of The People’ no less

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Franco v Cliff Richard .
    A death match made in heaven. Cliff would sing him to death

Saw a compilation of some comments made ny the Belgian "Graham Norton". Every bit as sharp and witty as GM.

"That would have sounded good after 37 Duvels" being one of them.

Saw one online conversation after the results where there were comments like "why do we take part when they hate us so much" and "They hate us so much yet they do the programme in English".

The second one is simply amusing yet also shocking that someone is so dumb that they can't work out why it's done in English.

The first one? Isn't it the poster who hates them rather than them hating us?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    You need to get out of your comfort zone a bit more rA! Taste is subjective and although most of Eurovision wasn’t to mine it was a hoot nonetheless. ‘The Ears Of The People’ no less
    Yes...each to their own, agreed...but no...I’d grown out of Eurovision before I hit puberty, and I’m no more likely to start watching it now than I am to watch Mrs. Browns Boys, go to a Cliff Richard concert, vote Tory or start supporting Forest. Just not for me thanks, but happy birthday Bobby D...80 today!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)