+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - nul points

OT - nul points

Reason?

IMO not political voting. Not anti UK feeling due to Brexit either.

Each country gets to vote for their top 10 of the 25 other songs. These days the song is only part of what they judge acts on. Equally, and maybe more, important are the production, the effects, the choreography etc.

The UK entry was a poor song. The presentation was pretty static with nothing like the special effects etc of many of the other acts. Poor production.

Simply not good enough to make the top 10 based on the criteria folk use these days. It was definitely in my bottom 5.

If only you’d be talking about our EFL punishment instead the annual meaningless song competition.
    You raised and dashed my expectations in the space of seconds!

Even the current BBC bashers (should that be Bashirs?) endlessly banging on about a 25 year old interview with a woman who used the media for all they were worth is more interesting than Eurovision imo. I’m just amazed you watched enough to have a ‘bottom 5’, MA.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-05-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    If only you’d be talking about our EFL punishment instead the annual meaningless song competition.

Even the current BBC bashers (should that be Bashirs?) endlessly banging on about a 25 year old interview with a woman who used the media for all they were worth is more interesting than Eurovision imo. I’m just amazed you watched enough to have a ‘bottom 5’, MA.
    Oh dear oh dear RA.

I don't think anyone is complaining about Diana and her failings.
    What they are complianing about, is the fact Bashir used forged bank statements( yes that's fraud) to con her into that interview, playing on her paranoia.
    But the worst offence, was the way the BBC then tried to hush it up and went into denial mode.
    But we've seen that before with Jimmy Saville etc.
    Lets not forget how they hounded and danced with glee, at the arrest of Cliff Richard and the false allogations.
    But you keep defending them and paying for these scum bags. Your choice.

As for Europe, sorry Dutchy. But the history of Eurovision doing its best to swipe the UK is well documented. Tactical voting has gone on for decades. Quite funny sometimes.
    Greece to Cyprus, 10 points.
    Cyprus to Greece , 10 points.

Lets not forget Spains little bit back stabbing.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/cel...ion-title.html

Pointless competition, now swamped with the woke/ genda propaganda as well as the politics.
    I washed my hair instead.

UK - Good song presented in the same manner as such a song would be presented on UK TV. Therefore stood no chance with the European audience, who just haven't got a clue

The rest - Portugal was IMO a 'proper' song, Italy was a step above that, it bloody well rocked, I'd have been happy to hear that at any gig I went to. the rest, utter pap

The reason for the perpetual low UK score is not worth researching, it just 'is'. Closing one's eyes and just judging the song, it was top three IMO, some of the competition was Birdy Song quality, whats the point in treating the show eriously when good songs are beaten by twaddle like that

On a positive note, my chosen genre (guitar-driven rock) has been subject to a pummelling (in the real world, not eurovision) by Hip Hop in the last decade but has seen a bit of a re-emergence in the past couple of years, and Italy's effort is a great indicator that the Empire is fighting back

Our song was fine, just lacked a strong vocalist to deliver it.

Personally I think the BBC bashing is a bit OTT in relation to the Diana thing IF it is as narrow as one unscrupulous journalist and one proto-woke DG, The BBC are better off without both. My opinion would change if it was found there were significantly more fingers in the pie, there ya go rA, me sticking up for the BBC!

Quote Originally Posted by AdiSalisbury View Post
    Our song was fine, just lacked a strong vocalist to deliver it.
    As a musician what songs did you rate?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    Personally I think the BBC bashing is a bit OTT in relation to the Diana thing IF it is as narrow as one unscrupulous journalist and one proto-woke DG, The BBC are better off without both. My opinion would change if it was found there were significantly more fingers in the pie, there ya go rA, me sticking up for the BBC!
    Just common sense, AF...Patel and Co (and Tricky) are sticking the knives in, but it happened over a quarter of a century ago...what’s the point?
    Punish Bashir by all means (if he’s as guilty as he sounds)...demonise Jimmy Savile (he deserves it) if you like...but judging the BBC via the actions of a couple of employees from a very long time ago is just complete nonsense.

Mind you...I might bash them for continuing to televise the Eurotwaddle competition. How did Sandie Shaw get on?
    Last edited by ramAnag; 23-05-2021 at 06:20 PM.

from a cost point of view UKs contribution is quite small (compared to, for instance, Radio 3) and we are sort of obligated to enter as a senior member of the EBU. There's also less than no chance of BBC ditching it due to its popularity with (and broadcast dominamce by) one of BBC's pet minority groups, its their Christmas basically

Just common sense, AF...Patel and Co (and Tricky) are sticking the knives in, but it happened over a quarter of a century ago...what’s the point?
    Punish Bashir by all means (if he’s as guilty as he sounds)...demonise Jimmy Savile (he deserves it) if you like...but judging the BBC via the actions of a couple of employees from a very long time ago is just complete nonsense.

Mind you...I might bash them for continuing to televise the Eurotwaddle competition. How did Sandie Shaw get on?
    RA you've done it again.
    You've just dismissed it as individuals actions. It isn't. It is the establishment and its lack of action or lies.
    Saville was known about and covered up
    Bashir, was known about and covered up.

Who do these people think they are?
    The next one, is brewing. I'll give you a snippet. It's the witch hunt of Alex Belfield with Notts police.
    I'll let you do your own home work. Patel and other MP's are on it.
    Do the research and get back to me, when you arrive at a conclusion.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)