+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: OT - nul points

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Certainly sums up the S ex Pistols for me. Whereas bands like the Clash, the Undertones, Ian Drury, the Ramones and the Stooges (amongst others) made real musical contributions.

I remember the arrival of the S ex Pistols brand of punk...gigs moved from ‘stoned love’ to people gobbing at each other...brilliant.
    I sort of put that to one side for a couple of years of my ****s, thursdays at The Kings Hall getting a deep and meaningful dose of 7/8 time prog with the likes of Gentle Giant and Fruup, friday night thrashing away to some pure-fun punk/new wave like Radio Stars and The Ruts then on with the 16-pocket trews and crymplene star jumper for the local disco (essential for female interaction). Three different 'uniforms' in three nights although knowing me prob the same underwear

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I sort of put that to one side for a couple of years of my ****s, thursdays at The Kings Hall getting a deep and meaningful dose of 7/8 time prog with the likes of Gentle Giant and Fruup, friday night thrashing away to some pure-fun punk/new wave like Radio Stars and The Ruts then on with the 16-pocket trews and crymplene star jumper for the local disco (essential for female interaction). Three different 'uniforms' in three nights although knowing me prob the same underwear
    Too much information!

Some Friday night ska and reggae at the Caribbean Club, Soul of a Saturday at the 76 and/or a nighter somewhere. Once every 3 weeks following the evening shift (4 till 12) 2 hours at Adam's/Eve's, the odd all dayer at Clouds on Sunday.

I remember one night at A/E..... the DJ, with whom I had a decent rapport, got an attack of Delhi Belly. He knew I did a bit of DJing and he asked me to pop a couple on while he was on the throne. He came came back 10 minutes later. 2 records later and he's off again... wash, rinse repeat.... eventually he said he would have to quit for the night, would I take over. Did the last 2 hours and then spent the next 4 in the gaffer's office drinking a quality single malt. I was asked if I'd be the "reserve" if ever needed. Never was needed though but I did get to do short sets now and again.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)