+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The rumourmill has started

The rumourmill has started

No doubt the first of many. The Record reckons we're interested in Queen of the South striker Connor Shields.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...rwell-24167413

Can't say I know much about him but will happily give him 45 minutes of the first pre-season friendly before writing him off as rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Can't say I know much about him but will happily give him 45 minutes of the first pre-season friendly before writing him off as rubbish.
    You going 'saft'? 45 mins you're giving him ... 25 would've been your norm a cuppla seasons back !

Thought that was generous, 11 goals in the Championship and the rest of his career suggests he's the next Jordan White!

Handsome_Devil who would you sign for Motherwell if you were the gaffer. You have watched enough games to have spotted one or two gems that would be of benefit to our team. I know money has a big bearing on who we can afford to sign, but would be very interested to hear your opinion cheers

Oh I've absolutely no idea, so much depends on finance, fitness etc, attitude of the players that no one outside knows about.

Obilka from St Mirren and the Greek lad from Hamilton (Ogboe?) both looked very solid to me in 19/20 and had we signed them last summer I'd have been very happy. But both have had poor seasons hampered by injury though so while they're suddenly available they're much less attractive. I always liked Durmas at St Mirren too but if you sign him as a creative wide player you need to fully commit to the other 10 guys playing in a certain way to get the best out of a player like that...worth the risk? Maybe. But he's a man down if it goes wrong.

I'd definitely take Jamie Hamilton and Oddofin from Accies, though I doubt they'd sell, while Callaghan scoring 10 from midfield for them is hugely impressive - but at 27 it's hard to tell if he just had a one-off or if he's a late bloomer like Paul Hartley or Barry Robson.

There are all manner of players in Scotland who might work out for us but virtually none are safe bets to really improve the first team and about half a dozen of our peers will all be eyeing the same wee group who top the chart when it comes to ability, availability and price. It's why I never understand people wanting us to ditch bringing up players from England, the market of what we're looking at in Scotland alone just isn't there.

Let's hope your 45 min judgement is positive. He's signed a three year deal!

http://www.motherwell-mad.co.uk/news...26/index.shtml

Fingers crossed.

More gossip here: https://twitter.com/StevenBeacom5/st...77441451761666

Bringing back Ben Heneghan also mentioned...don't see it, not only is he captain at Wimbledon he's apparently under contract.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)