+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: That was absolute garbage

That was absolute garbage

I cannot believe how poor that performance was, lacking effort and ideas is putting it mildly, I appreciate we were safe but in any other position of employment that type of effort would warrant instant dismissal, we need investment or next season will be the last in the Premier league.

Cant agree more Mike.I have just witnessed that and then wrote on the match thread:-
    Another 94 minutes of dross.When are we going to try anything else besides hoof and hope.Just when you think things cannot get any worse BFC come up with a performance like that.I have never seen such uninspiring anti-football in my life.It is absolutely dire to watch.No wonder people would like to see us go down.It is a bad advert for the PL.
    Last edited by ClaretinBudapest; 23-05-2021 at 05:42 PM.

We haven’t had a player that could make something happen like Robbie Blake could, there was always a likelihood of something happening when he was on the pitch, Dyche only sees what we see, I admire him for not berating the team in public but I hope he goes ballistic in the dressing room, I know it was a meaningless game but it was painful.

Another performance that made a poor side look good. Sheff U will now be wondering why they are going down and we aren't when in fact we both deserved to be relegated off that display. A one trick pony would have beaten us today as we weren't going to score no matter how long we played. The biggest mystery is our performances against Wolves and Fulham.

Quote Originally Posted by Miked111 View Post
    We haven’t had a player that could make something happen like Robbie Blake could, there was always a likelihood of something happening when he was on the pitch, Dyche only sees what we see, I admire him for not berating the team in public but I hope he goes ballistic in the dressing room, I know it was a meaningless game but it was painful.
    You forgot Defour Mike.Now we have 10 outfield players who put together have not got as much creativity as either Blake or Defour.
    I wonder just what do they practice at Gawthorpe. We cannot pass, our set pieces are useless, we cannot take quick throw-ins, we cannot shoot on target, we cannot go past our man, we cannot dribble, our midfield is weak and sometimes non-existent, our defence is also now leaky so what do we practice all week?

I cannot believe how poor that performance was, lacking effort and ideas is putting it mildly, I appreciate we were safe but in any other position of employment that type of effort would warrant instant dismissal, we need investment or next season will be the last in the Premier league.
    City won the league more than 4 games ago...they still turned up and beat Everton 5-0

Was a disgusting performance for the fans last game of the season, clearly shows to me all these players feel safe and not under threat of competition for places next season.. for this I predict a very quiet transfer market yet again

going down next season lads.

I agree about Defour sorry I forgot about him as he was injured so many times, Ralph Coates was another but now I am showing my age so another beer will dull the pain.��

I agree about Defour sorry I forgot about him as he was injured so many times, Ralph Coates was another but now I am showing my age so another beer will dull the pain.��
    Leighton James.Another glass of vino for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    You forgot Defour Mike.Now we have 10 outfield players who put together have not got as much creativity as either Blake or Defour.
    I wonder just what do they practice at Gawthorpe. We cannot pass, our set pieces are useless, we cannot take quick throw-ins, we cannot shoot on target, we cannot go past our man, we cannot dribble, our midfield is weak and sometimes non-existent, our defence is also now leaky so what do we practice all week?
    So, despite all these failings, we still stayed up. How did we do that,when according to your observations,we are useless at everything ?

Taffy was a Welshman the great Leighton James, there was also Doug Collins, Geoff Nulty, and Peter Noble the team of the seventies, going back to not performing at work I believe Bob Lord made the butchers in his business clock off to go the loo so they could spend as long as they wanted in their own time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)