+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That was absolute garbage

Taffy was an old fashioned winger, down to the byeline then bang in a quick lethal cross that defenders could just as easily put into their own net as clear. That's what we need now instead of these crosses from outside the box that are easily headed away by defenders.

Well thank goodness I decided to watch the paint dry instead of the match ..it was Always going to be another boring game against the blunts .

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    So, despite all these failings, we still stayed up. How did we do that.......?

........other teams failings !

I watched the first half and thought we were worse than dreadful, which is what I expected when the starting 11 was announced.

I cannot comment on the second half as it had just started and we had a power cut, from all accounts I was lucky to be spared.

Dyche's tactics were summed up when he brought Barnes on in the 89th minute, ie. desperate; as someone else posted the players didn't know where each other was, they were like a team of strangers playing together for the first time.

Here we are at season's end and next season Burnley FC will be playing in the Premier League, whilst Sheffield United, West Brom and Fulham will be playing in the Championship, however, out fans think that we are useless, possible because they bet on us being relegated and we have cost them money. After all, each season they say that we will be relegated but yet we scrape another season, even if it has only been by 11 points this season.

Just a note that Manchester City won the league and were 12 points ahead of second placed Manchester United.

Today's game was of no consequence whatsoever, as I said on another thread, however, we only committed 1 foul, for which Dunne, very unfortunately, picked up a caution. Dirty, anti-football Burnley finished 2nd in the Fair Play League with 48 points, behind Liverpool who had 40 points and both teams had no red cards.

We stayed up, we have upset every team and their fans in the League and yet, as is their wont, Burnley fans can only see the negative side and now await with expected breath that we SHALL be RELEGATED next season.

Lighten up guys, life goes on and there was a cracking game this evening between Forest Green and Newport played in pouring rain and was very reminiscent of a game I used to play and enjoy ---it is called football ---not elite football, just a proper game. Very enjoyable and the winners, Newport, get the chance to paly at Wembley to get promoted to League One, which is where we were playing in 1999/2000!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)