+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Player end of season ratings

Player end of season ratings

Well it has been a brilliant season, we've said goodbye to two players who without them I'm not sure we'd be where we are now and we've finished with another win in the top 10 and with nearly 60 points.

Goalkeepers-
    Meslier 9 - Hard to give him less, young kid and seems to just improve week after week, barely makes an error and is now dominating from crosses which was his big weakness, great future ahead.

Casilla 6 - Done what he needed to when he has played, erratic but trusted by Bielsa as is clearly working well with Meslier.

Defense-

Ayling 9 - Leader, hard worker and fantastic player to have in the squad. At times gets turned inside out by good wingers but can't fault him as a person and another who just seems to improve.

Cooper 8- Club captain and acts every bit like it, come a long way from 'league one Liam'. Had his moments of worry but has dominated and kept many PL strikers in his pocket.

Llorente 8- Honestly if he had played all season he'd be a 9, brilliant player both on ball and off it. Really looking forward to seeing him play regular next season. Feel he came in and really turned our defense into a more solid one.

Koch 7- Looked good when he played but missed quite a bit, think he will really show his class next year if he can stay injury free and get a proper run in the side.

Struijk 7- Like Meslier a young player learning his trade, makes mistakes at times but also has had games where he looks every bit a PL player. Another one with a massive future.

Alioski 7- I love Alioski and can't fault his effort, maybe even deserves an 8 but few too many games with crazy tackles, passes etc to be on a level with Ayling. Be sad if he leaves as I think he is a good player to have around the squad and drop in when needed.

Midfield

Kalvin 9 - Brilliant player and without him we look a lot weaker. Had a few games where he has been passed by but in general absolutely terrific.

Klich 7 - Tough one for Klich started very well but obviously all the football caught up with him, started to look like himself towards end and glad he got his goal. Hopefully a bit of time off will do him good and see him fresh next year

Dallas 10 - Enough said. Versatile, technically brilliant, goals and assists, honest, hard-working, selfless.

Raphinha 8 - Brilliant impact and has talent in abundance. Would have been a 9 but sometimes think he doesn't make the right decision. Think he is one with another year of Bielsa will become an absolute steal at 17m

Harrison 8- Had a brief spell where he looked down on confidence but aside from that fantastic. Goals and assists, hard worker just needs to improve his defensive work by that I don't mean effort just actual skill of doing it. Amazed he isn't even in conversation for England squad

Poveda 7- Looked lively when he has played, easy to see why he doesn't start but can't fault him at all just needs to hone his skills as everytime he gets ball he looks like a million ideas race through his head.

Roberts 7- He works hard and has been unlucky at times but for the position he plays he needs to contribute more goals and assists, hope he can kick on next season.

Costa 6 - Just doesn't look right in the PL. Never beats his man anymore, doesn't attack with purpose. I like Costa but also wouldn't be surprised to see him move on.

Strikers-

Bamford 10- Bugger it, I've had my complaints about him in the past seasons and I still think he should have more goals than he has but the effort and work rate he shows and the goals he has scored has been nothing short of amazing, absolutely delighted for him

Rodrigo 8- Think we started to see at end of season exactly what he can provide, another one who I can't wait to see fully fit and playing regular after a year of Bielsa coaching.

Other-

Shackleton 6- Just don't get it with him personally, lots of effort but no idea where he should play and no idea what he is really good at. Would love to see him get a loan next year to hone his skills and show us what he is all about. Still only 21 which I always forget as he seems to have been around forever!

Bielsa 1000- Genius, please never leave.

Couldnt agree more on all counts

Bar the odd mark here and there pretty much agree - would give the u23 as a while 10/10 too.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Bar the odd mark here and there pretty much agree - would give the u23 as a while 10/10 too.
    I'll be interested to see how they get on against the other top youth sides

Agree with Joel - The Harrison enigma though needs further work on.

His self-awareness is one area that Harrison struggles with.He is an example of how Bielsa is still raising the self-awareness to his game.Harrison is still in the process of identifying his emotions and their impact during successful and unsuccessful situations during the 90 minutes.But he'll get there helped with the club allowing opportunities for players to engage with social related activities to develop effective group building exercises that'll give him more confidence in himself for starters.

Took me ages to come to terms with the real me living with mental illness aggravated by having mild OCD when younger but over time the OCD compulsions that knocked my confidence I learned to ignore by concentrating on positive actions that I'd learnt to override bad OCD moments.

Think Harrison in his mind has now reached his personal 'over riding' point and next season will see him a better consistent performer with a stronger mind set and more confidence in his own abilities.

Perhaps if Harrison was made a permanent signing it may help to settle him knowing that he has a home.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Perhaps if Harrison was made a permanent signing it may help to settle him knowing that he has a home.
    He sometimes seems to overthink things and then freeze rather than trusting his training and instincts.

When on form he is pretty much as good as it gets and has a great first touch.

Joel,

Think you are spot on with a couple of exceptions. Think I'd have Cooper at 7. I'd have Strujik at 8 at center back. Only reason it's not a 9 is he was not as sharp early on in the season as at the end. A whole lot of bleeding on on our defense until he came in with Llorente. He's a big physical player that does not commit stupid or violent (card generating) fouls. Our defense the last 10 games was totally different than the previous games.

I think Meslier's a 10. It's a tough job being our Keeper... especially early in the season and he handled it like a seasoned pro. He is going to be a star for a long time. really hope we make him part of the long term plans for the team. He's better than a couple of the huge dollar signings that some of the prem clubs executed. I do think that Kiko has likely had a lot of doing with that. He's been classy in his back up role and actually looked good in goal that last couple of games. well played by Leed's to show case him for the off season.

Most improved player of the season must go to Meslier, his ball handling early doors was sloppy with a tendency to punch, often badly, whereas last part of his season he as catching more balls. He either got some new gloves or put some graft in on the training ground.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Most improved player of the season must go to Meslier, his ball handling early doors was sloppy with a tendency to punch, often badly, whereas last part of his season he as catching more balls. He either got some new gloves or put some graft in on the training ground.
    Think Struijk pushes him close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)