+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours and done deals

Over the moon signing young.

Hes come in home hes coming home hes coming Ashley's coming home.

Were linked with Arron Ramsey Ramsey now!

Omg we could challenge top 4

I could put out press releases linking us to Jesus but it wont get us to heaven. Ramsey's best is behind him and why are we looking at old players with such a rich crop of cup winning youngsters on tap?

Young took a massive dive to win a pen in his first game against us. That's how much he loved the Villa.

Just to add Ramsey's return of 2 goals in 30 games doesn't make me giddy with excitement.
    Last edited by ozfan; 18-06-2021 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Add further info

I think Young has picked a club that can further his career as a coach just like JT. Ashley is a smart guy, well spoken and now has not only success but history at 3 massive clubs, he knows the club, will be liked and welcomed, we have great facilities and a brilliant youth set up. It was Us or Burnley, playing in the mud changing in a shed... I do not think Smudger brought him in to play many games! Another signing and for me, Ward-Prowse please and im set 😁

Decent cover down the left side for a season, added experience around the youngsters coming through, possible coaching potential moving forward, only issue for me is whether his wages could potentially ruffle some feathers in the group, as Im guessing thats why he is leaving Inter? They wanted him to stay and he would have had champions league football next season, unless he is homesick for a Brummie Balti?

Thing is losing Taylor and Elmo wages would cover Ashley's and he can cover both positions. Ashley deserves a big wage imo especially on a free transfer. Set pieces will be better too.

Engels gone undisclosed fee. Ward-Prowse now looking likely.
    Ramsey, Chucky, McGinn, Luiz, Sanson, Buendia, Naky, Hourihane, Young (Ward-Prowse) whos missing??? Could it be life without him?

Are you on a commission if Jack goes TD how about this scenario, 20 minutes to go in any game, 3 men marking Jack all game, Deano subs whoever is currently playing wide right or the centre mid for Ashley Young, he takes wide left position, Jack moves to the middle, Emi2 goes right, who do the 3 defenders mark now?

No desperately want him to stay and we have the owners to keep him but like a pending divorce, I think its inevitable!
    We can offer cash and security, City can offer silverware gauranteed. Just like Ashley Young who left to live the dream with Utd, so Jack will leave and Maybe one day come back?
    I am preparing myself, thats all, I know nothing but too much paper talk and now he is mixing it with the elite, he will get the taste!
    I think the signing of Buendia and maybe Ward-Prowse is Smith prepping the team and good management, he will not be left in the lurch.
    Of course, I hope I am wrong..

If he goes, he goes, we’ll be 100+million better off. It’s great having a superstar player, but is it detrimental to building a successful team?

We were absolutely sh1t without him last season, this window the management has to address this. We have to be a good team with a few match-winners, not a match-winner dragging 10 other lads with him.

James Ward-Prowse, to leave his hometown club, for us? Funniest rumour of the summer

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)