+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours and done deals

You're quite right Exiled, players come and go and some more than others are missed.
    John Gidman leaving for Everton was the first time I got distressed about a player going, closely followed by Andy Gray who if anyone remembers, wanted to leave in order to win trophies. 18 months later we won the league!!

You're quite right Exiled, players come and go and some more than others are missed.
    John Gidman leaving for Everton was the first time I got distressed about a player going, closely followed by Andy Gray to Wolves who if anyone remembers, wanted to leave in order to win trophies. 18 months later we won the league!!

I feel and remember the Hurt of Andy Gray Leaving, he was my hero, I got his signiture and it went on my wall, I never felt anything like till I was dumped by my first girlfriend....😭
    Im prepared for Jack to leave and him staying would be a massive signing in a strange way!
    If he does go we need some serious back up, get the back up with Jack and hold on to your your hat!

I still don't believe this is happening. You don't give the enemy your machine guns and then yell charge! Doesn't make any sense given what the owners have stated.

Unless he simply wants to leave

At the risk of repeating myself (something Im often accused of within the family!) I dont see Jack going this year, he wants to play every game he can, doesnt matter who for he just seems to play for the joy of it, that takes out Man City where its Pep bingo as to who plays when, same problem at Red mancs and Chelski, so that leaves europe, and only PSG could potentially afford him, as Barca and Real are broke, although i think he would be outstanding in that Barca side. It doesnt seem to be about the money for him, its about winning and making his family proud, we currently offer him the second part, he may have to gamble on us giving him the first, another season would show him if we can do that, and I think thats what we will get. As for the money, Im far from an expert but I think with the SKY income we can probably spend in the region of £150mill before we are worrying about ffp, and NSWE might just gamble a bit on it being done away with before it could impact us anyway. Enjoy the ride, bumps included!

Seems the attention of yesterday has turned from Jack to Tammy today with a bid imminent....again according to the Mirror. Bit quiet really, no mention of Jack apart from the blogs and forums on line from Stockport! Its funny how they can have a verbal discussion as if They know whats going on...."Jack already agreed a deal" " Villa need the money" " Jack wants to leave" I find a balanced view with Mark Goldbridge although this time last year, it was the same headlines but Grealish had agreed to sign for Utd!!
    So, not much on the radar today which in typical Villa style means a signing is imminent.
    On a personal note, I wish these online photoshop pictures would stop, Jack has now been pictured in A City, Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal top not to mention SJM in a Dippers shirt, Drives me mad " Welcome to Arsenal Jack Grealish" 🤡
    Whos next through the door or do we have to wait till England get knocked out?

Jack at the a***, they couldnt even persuade Emi2 they were worth a go ffs, this clickbait **** really does my head in, cos even though I dont read it directly, it seeps in everywhere else you look, The S*n AKA the wapping liar, started this latest rash of b*****ks off claiming that his agent had said the deal was going to be done after the euros with Man City, two days later every tom dick and itk w***** knows where he is going and for how much. It might help matters if the club made some sort of statement about his future, but it hasnt been their style to say much about individuals within the club, or targets outside it, so I guess we have to accept that, cant see us going for Tammy unless Deano is preparing a change of formation? I would love us to go back to Arsenal with an offer for Saka, he and Jack would have an absolute ball with Emi2 and Watkins. the Prem would have to open a careline for defenders

Much of this press talk has been generated by Jack's agent according to a journo on Twitter. He (the agent) has "The Big One" in his sights to make as much money as he can, NSWE don't need the money and are carefully building for the long term; and neither does Jack.

I agree that Jack seems to be a player that wants every minute of every game, he's adored here and in the same way Messi would attract players to Barca there must be some who would like to play alongside Jack & be part of the revolution. A lot will depend on Jack's conversations with City players during this tournament.

Taking my Villa hat off for a sec - he is a special talent so if he goes I hope it is to somewhere where he will flourish.

Absolutely agree Westy, but I cant see where he could go and be able to play as often as he clearly wants to? Maybe later in his career if he hasnt won stuff with us or the injury issues mean he has to reign it in a bit, then somewhere like City would make sense. That and his strong connections to this club are the main reasons I dont see him going......yet.

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)