+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer rumours and done deals

Well Jack is still out the country with his Girlfriend, not sure she is going to guide him through his next move!
    I think either a deal is done and will be announced next week or Jack will come back and say WTF is all this crap about me, give me that pen, im staying put. Then it can be revieled he has a buy clause of 200 million, that should shut the mancs up🤫

Man City " can we buy Jack?"
    NSWE "no"
    Man City "but we are Man City, we are extremely rich, we buy whom we like"
    NSWE " not from us you dont, we am considerably richer than yow, now **** off"
    NSWE "by the way is Kevin for sale?"

there is only one reason our owners would sell Jack. He may have an underlying injury which prohibits him playing week in week out, ie the shin problem which has ruled him out for six months in the last couple of years. If he is not going to be able to play all the time, the move to city would prove the best for all concerned. If he's not playing all the time he could manage his injury better and probably lengthen his career. Knowing Jack I think he would want to play all the time, so a role as 20 min golden sub is not going to appeal.
    It has been said that he would not force a move, so basically its down to the owners, is he the jewel in the crown we think of him as, or is he a flawed diamond. Either way I know these owners will make the right decision.

Well, it does look like City mean Business, A 100 mill cash bid has come in for JG according to the Telegraph. Both City and Villa owners refuse to comment with neither confirming or denying the deal is done! So its looking true then, why keep it under wraps, well Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool sniffing. If City are to pay the price, then they will not want to be involved in a bidding war. 75m was muted but that, if true would have been crazy and invited those other clubs in.....
    Time to accept it guys and girls. I guess thats why he had an extended holiday, probably with his agent and city Reps thrashing out the deal while in Croatia. Anyone know where Lange is right now or Purslow. This again if true, is massive, We now need 2 super signings or the mood will drop. I hope im wrong but it looks like it will be announced over the weekend. City want it done quickly and do not want Jack reporting to training at BMH, straight into a blue shirt, imagine the sales now. I just hope all those who had Grealish put on their new shirt get a full refund.
    Somebody tell me im wrong.....

Sorry Dave, I don't think I can tell you you are wrong.

All the rubbish on twitter over the last few weeks "spending the Grealish money" seems to be true.

We tested the resolve of Arsenal over ESR and we are doing the same with Cantwell, Bailey and with Ward Prowse apparently.

And at least 3 of those you could say are in the mould of Jack.

What the owners won't want to do, by confirming it, is let those clubs we want to buy from inflate their prices.

If he goes tho it is entirely down to Grealish, not the owners. He signed a new deal last summer - our owners don't need to cash in - so it's entirely Jack's decision. Either he believes in the project or, like always, he's had his head turned after his England call up. Just like Barry, Delph, Milner, Young and Downing.

Yep im split on this and god knows hows Jack is feeling but if he stays, we the fans will be over the moon and if he goes the project is dead, we were building a team around him which, means there will be some resentment towards Jack. I would love him to stop but going to City means he will obtain rich pickings in his career in terms of trophies, obscene amounts and of course, City will offer him more than 200k a week. For me know its a no brainer, hes going. I would be gob smacked if he stays!

If jack goes we would need to spend the 100m just to stand still.

Due to his “ mystery” shin injury Grealish missed 12/13 games last term consequently we struggled in his absence,this shows

1. Our need to evolve as attacking side hopefully with or without Jack

2. Our uber reliance on him

3. Our predictability

4. There is no plan B, teams double up on Jack & that can totally nullify his influence

5. I acknowledge Emi Buendía ain’t a like for like replacement however he certainly is a creative force

6. If he leaves so be it £100’000000 allows us to seek out options

I hope Jack remembers his commitment when he penned his new contract 12 months ago & he remains with us but when agents smell blood in the water (cash) who knows ?

Keep safe everyone !

I do not think City although super megga rich do not have 100 mill in cash because of FFP, apparently made from Installments, add ons and a youth player. If this is the case, it will be like Jack leaving for 20 mill, we are not going to buy world class players for that each uear. For me its simple, city want a deal on their terms, we want cash. If there is no agreement then there is no deal and regardless, City will not be allowed to talk to Jack. If I was him, I would sign the new improved Villa offer, he has time on his side.

Villa have reached agreement with Bayer Leverkusen for Leon Bailey subject to the player completing a medical and agreeing personal terms.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/news/2021/jul...r-Leon-Bailey/

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)