+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon gone and Hughes incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Skolcorner View Post
    This is beginning to look like a cost saving exercise. Make the Manager redundant and cover all the required roles by redefining the role profiles of existing Academy, Development and Coaching staff and you can cover all the bases without recruiting a replacement for the outgoing Manager., saving a salary.
    Cost saving how? Mellon has a year left on his contract so will require that year to be paid up in full, I assume this will not be made up of buttons.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Callum Davidson had no managerial experience and just won two cups!!!!

Tommy Wright has a **** ton of experience and just got relegated!
    Davidson played at the top level in England and Scotland, he was caretaker at the fermers and first team coach for years, as well as being involved in the national team coaching, he was then first team coach at Stoke then went onto be first team coach at Dunfermline and then assistant manager of Millwall.

Tam has been wi Kelty hearts.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    Every appointment is a gamble though, no matter who you pick
    True but some gambles are much riskier than others, our appointment needs to be of the less risky type.

Someone said no smoke without fire, and Nielson jumping at the first opportunity might have set the fire alarm off and we didnt hear it!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Someone said no smoke without fire, and Nielson jumping at the first opportunity might have set the fire alarm off and we didnt hear it!
    Well the rumours were that Neilson didn't want to work with the Sporting Director and wanted to be his own man. Of course he moved to Hearts who have a Sporting Director, so I'm guessing that was *******s.

I heard it. Been worried since this covid started.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    If the nepotism rumour is proved correct I won't be putting any more of my hard-earned into the club until Ashgar is gone.

Disgusting if true.

Ogren should get rid of Ashgar and give Micky the license and funds to build his own team.

DUSF should also turn off the taps until we find out the truth of WTF is actually going on here?

.....IF and its a big IF these rumours are true then I'm with you on this cyber. Totally deflated by these rumours and still no official statement.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    do you not see this as a massive and dangerous gamble if we went for Courts and Asghar?

RE: TA, i've stuck up for him alot on all forums and social media as to start with the main reason most arabs didnt like him was cos hes a hun, GB style FACT. There is more and more 'stories' coming out now, how true they are, no one really knows but there is no smoke without fire usually.

I wasn't a fan of MM, i felt he held us back with his over cautious approach, i will still be going back regardless of who's managing the team, i wont be looking for any refunds, will i be happy? probably not but then i'm never happy anyway
    100% I see its a gamble mate, but like you say, I'll be at the game (hopefully) to see how he gets on if he is given the gig. He wouldn't be my first choice. Probs wouldnt even be my 10th choice, but I'm not the one making decisions. Just trying to think logically about how we will make our next move and block out the rumours.

Quote Originally Posted by BudMill90 View Post
    I'll give any manager a chance. Appointing someone like Courts is getting a lot of stick online but at the end of the day he might turn out to be a good manager for us. It's not like he doesn't have the qualifications (UEFA A license). He doesnt have the experience we'd hope for at this level but neither do so many managers before taking over.

I'd rather we went with an experienced manager but some of the stuff I've seen about people handing back season tickets if its certain people is a bit of a joke in my eyes. If it is Courts, I'll give him a chance to prove to us that he is capable.

TA is made out to be some kind of gangster on social media but I'm yet to see or hear one credible bit of detail that proves this. All I see is a guy who has come in when we were at our lowest and played a part in taking us back to where we belong. Revamped the Academy which was in tatters when he took over and now has Elite status. I could be wrong but I honestly can't get my head around the hatred towards him and when I say hatred I know that is a strong word but across social media and forums there are plenty posts that come across like that. I find it really strange.

It is understandable after the last few years but as a fan base a lot of us seem to be catastrophizing the situation we are currently in. People were moaning like f uck at the football last season, many calling for MM to go. Well that is happening, surely the overall feeling should be "excited to see who we bring in" instead of immediately believing rumours of who it might be and deciding that this type of decision will relegate us. Just let it play out.
    You are without doubt the most level headed poster on here. And this is the most sensible post on this thread.
    Stokie is good as well.

If we don't go for Courts and Ashgar, or if Ashgar isn't moved to a first team coaching job under the new manager, then can we put to rest these rumours?

Obviously if it does happen, then its open season on TA.

Page 13 of 98 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)