+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon gone and Hughes incoming

Really disappointed if MM goes. Not just because I think he Shld be giving a pre-season and window, but because worryingly it highlights that we are still a cluster phuck of team behind the scenes! Especially if there is any truth behind the rumours regarding TA son.

What a ridiculous turn of events. Interesting to hear if TA is in part to blame. Disappointing if so.

Fans are equally to blame. Embarrassing moaning on Twitter at every opportunity. Campaigning to get rid of a guy who had us comfortably reestablished in the Premier league.

On a good news day re: season ticket sales this is nonsense. We have a stable squad to build on. For once we were in a good close season position. Look at Motherwell releasing 23 players today, that should show us where we comparatively are against clubs rebuilding their entire squads. Instead we are forced to waste pre season time in yet another manager hunt. What a waste of a great opportunity to build on our success

I will not be happy if it is "Yogi" Hughes. Cant imagine any of the other 4000+ season ticket renewals will be happy either.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Same. Disgusting treatment tbh. The man had a great job at Tranmere. Was loved by the fans. Moved himself and his family north for our club and is punted by a power freak who thinks he knows best. Regardless of how we played this season that's shocking treatment of a man who got a poor team almost into the top 6 and took us to Hampden in our first year back. If we end up being one of these teams who hires and fires willy nilly, there's only one place we're going I'm afraid.
    If and its a big IF Tony is responsible for Micky leaving i would take my season ticket money back.The question is will we ever hear the true story and would big Tony give me back my dosh?.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    If and its a big IF Tony is responsible for Micky leaving i would take my season ticket money back.The question is will we ever hear the true story and would big Tony give me back my dosh?.
    Same here mate and I'd bet we wouldn't be the only ones.

I am seriously gutted. I thought we were growing into a club about to challenge. This is clearly a fall out. MM said just recently that he was happy and until he was not wanted he would be staying. If Ashgar Junior is promoted to coach I will know we are f3cked.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    Most managers are sworn to secrecy for a certain length of time after a parting of ways, so I doubt we'd hear any truths coming out. What I will say though is these rumours have been circulating for a couple of weeks and now he's gone. So someone knows something and dare I say it, the rumours are probably not that far from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I am seriously gutted. I thought we were growing into a club about to challenge. This is clearly a fall out. MM said just recently that he was happy and until he was not wanted he would be staying. If Ashgar Junior is promoted to coach I will know we are f3cked.
    If big Tony's son is the bait to any incoming manager then i give you my word i will not set foot in Tannadice until Tony,his FN son and the new manager are gone,FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Most managers are sworn to secrecy for a certain length of time after a parting of ways, so I doubt we'd hear any truths coming out. What I will say though is these rumours have been circulating for a couple of weeks and now he's gone. So someone knows something and dare I say it, the rumours are probably not that far from the truth.
    It seems ages ago that we were discussing this mate,i've had a lot on my plate recently but what thread was all this on?,can you mind?.

Can't say id be bothered about MM leaving. Not really looking forward to next season if its going to be the same as the last. Ashgar has done lots of good since coming to us, we were an absolute mess before then and we have built a decent team with some very good youngsters coming through. That being said If he's looking to force his son in to a coaching job unmerited that is a poor show. The fans deserve some clarity on the whole situation either way. Hughes isn't a bad manager either tbh, wouldn't be my 1st choice but it wouldnt bother me seeing him named as manager.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Can't say id be bothered about MM leaving. Not really looking forward to next season if its going to be the same as the last. Ashgar has done lots of good since coming to us, we were an absolute mess before then and we have built a decent team with some very good youngsters coming through. That being said If he's looking to force his son in to a coaching job unmerited that is a poor show. The fans deserve some clarity on the whole situation either way. Hughes isn't a bad manager either tbh, wouldn't be my 1st choice but it wouldnt bother me seeing him named as manager.
    Good ane

Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)