+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 98 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Thread: Mellon gone and Hughes incoming

We have an owner that has always stated that he wants to make money, we have TA who is basically an ex football agent and knows how to sell players, we have set up a youth system to produce players that we can sell...to make the owner money! It falls down when we have a manager who is reluctant to play what is seen as our assets. (chalmers/Appere etc) For this reason I think we will move to get a manager that has previous for developing youth players, such as John Hughes.
    This has the distinctive ringtones of what the snake and Jackie were trying to achieve.
    I have no problems if it means success on the field but have serious concerns if we are putting money ahead of success as we have already seen what that achieves!
    For what it is worth, I am grateful for MM's achievements this season but I can't think of a single player that has progressed under his guidance, so I am happy with a new manager to come in and to try and get more out our squad.

Breaking news....Breaking news....you can now bid for a special edition Jim McLean t-shirt.

Other news....It would be good to see an official statement on the website this afternoon.

Quote Originally Posted by weegiearab View Post
    ...but have serious concerns if we are putting money ahead of success...
    To be fair the owners have been very up-front about this being their ambition and IMHO it was always going to lead to discontent within the fan-base at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    do you not see this as a massive and dangerous gamble if we went for Courts and Asghar?

RE: TA, i've stuck up for him alot on all forums and social media as to start with the main reason most arabs didnt like him was cos hes a hun, GB style FACT. There is more and more 'stories' coming out now, how true they are, no one really knows but there is no smoke without fire usually.

I wasn't a fan of MM, i felt he held us back with his over cautious approach, i will still be going back regardless of who's managing the team, i wont be looking for any refunds, will i be happy? probably not but then i'm never happy anyway
    'no smoke without fire'......Someone always knows something!!

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    Breaking news....Breaking news....you can now bid for a special edition Jim McLean t-shirt.

Other news....It would be good to see an official statement on the website this afternoon.
    I'm sure a statement will go up once things are all official. They can't really do anything before that.

If the rumours regarding TA son are proven to be true then both TA and his son will have to go - but we will need evidence before pointing fingers.

Micky Mellon did what was requested for the first season - he was still going through a period of transition with the squad and appeared to be happy - we need to know the truth and the real reasons for his departure - I wish him well for the future.

Dundee United Football Club and Manager Micky Mellon have agreed to part company. Micky leaves with immediate effect.

Chairman Mark Ogren said, “Micky came into the Club during a challenging period for football in general due to Covid-19 and led the team to consolidate our position in the Premiership with a ninth-place position. He also brought a return to Hampden with a Scottish Cup semi-final.

“After a constructive and open discussion reviewing the season and with his initial targets reached, both parties agreed that now was the correct time to part ways.

“Micky leaves with our best wishes and gratitude for his achievement this season and we wish him every success in his future career.

“Dundee United will now look to appoint a new Head Coach as we look to build on the strong foundations put in place over the last few seasons in accordance with our long term performance strategy.”

Commenting on the announcement, Micky Mellon said, “I am immensely proud to have been Manager of Dundee United and my role in improving the Club’s standing within Scottish football.

“In what has been an unprecedented season due to the pandemic and in the absence of the opportunity to have a close relationship with the fantastic fan base, I leave content that I have played a substantial part in taking this Club forward.

“I would like to thank the players and staff at Dundee United for their hard work and endeavour on my behalf, the board for their support during my time here and all the supporters who I had the opportunity to meet.”

I honestly cannot believe there are posters on here comfortable that we could be on the verge of having academy coaches under the direction and influence of big Tony managing the 1st team next season.
    I don't care how many badges they have,i've got badges too so can i go and help them?.

I still think its Big Yogi BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by BackRowArab View Post
    I'm sure a statement will go up once things are all official. They can't really do anything before that.
    It just reeks of unprofessionaliam. How long do we have to speculate before we're told? Hughes left County yesterday. First news of it was an official statement. Same with McIness. Same with Lennon. Not us though.

Page 15 of 98 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)