+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: England Squad

Used to love watching England whereas for the last 10 years it has been meh!

The usual suspects from the big clouds typically get picked irrespective of form.

Southgate has done some good things but we don’t tend to play exhilarating football which with the players available we should be capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Amen. None of the national teams that make up UK will succeed, and its unlikely any of the national teams to which the likes of Meslier, Koch, Rodrigo etc will go will do any better.

Blunt maybe but would prefer none to play even if named in a side, and they all come back uninjured and ready for what is likely to be a much harder test in our second season back where we belong.
    Ehh? So France Germany and Spain won’t go any better than Engerland 😲😯

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Ehh? So France Germany and Spain won’t go any better than Engerland 😲😯
    Southgate cut Mason Mount and Ollie Watkins but included 4 right backs. I dont get this except to think England are going to play very defensively. Dont like to criticize before a match has started but this doesn't look right. In fact this looks wrong.

I feel for you three lion supporters. Must be hard to support a team that was last relevant when the beatles were still together.

Southgate is poor. Even with some of the stars you'll have he'll find a way to make it a boring and dull product. Nil- Nil draws the best you can hope for.

I"m glad MB didn't show an interest. Can you imagine a team with that talent playing his style. At least it would be watchable.

should be a quick out this go around.

Totally unimpressed by tonight's performance. Only highlight was the ref not believing Grealish who was playing his usual tricks

Not about England because there is no post about the Dutch squad....but....you know you are absolute crap if you can't beat Scotland. Sadly, the Oranje will not feature in the latter stages of the Euro's under de Boer. He seems to be picking up where he left off with Palace. I am embarrassed.

Quote Originally Posted by Oranje White View Post
    Not about England because there is no post about the Dutch squad....but....you know you are absolute crap if you can't beat Scotland. Sadly, the Oranje will not feature in the latter stages of the Euro's under de Boer. He seems to be picking up where he left off with Palace. I am embarrassed.
    Better do fairly well, I've got my Skybet £10 on Depay top scorer!

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Totally unimpressed by tonight's performance. Only highlight was the ref not believing Grealish who was playing his usual tricks
    Was brilliant wasn't it, ref didn't fall for it once with any of the England players throwing themselves down every minute.

What is up with that stuff?

Southgate needs to pick one of the floppers (plenty to choose from) and just sacrifice them at sunrise. Kick them off the squad and let the rest of the team they will be next if they do the same.

Just hard to believe with the talent he has to choose from that he picks up a bunch of dancing ballerinas that flop at the slightest touch.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Was brilliant wasn't it, ref didn't fall for it once with any of the England players throwing themselves down every minute.
    Definitely refreshing I hope it remains like that through the tournament, it was only a friendly but guess you have practice your theatrical art somewhere - I am surprised Grealish doesn't roll over screaming when he takes the knee

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)