+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: England Squad

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    What is up with that stuff?

Southgate needs to pick one of the floppers (plenty to choose from) and just sacrifice them at sunrise. Kick them off the squad and let the rest of the team they will be next if they do the same.

Just hard to believe with the talent he has to choose from that he picks up a bunch of dancing ballerinas that flop at the slightest touch.
    Easily stopped, refs need to red card a few, it would cease overnight.

Potentially such a good side waiting to be unleashed.

A Ferrari driven at 50KPH is just a car.

Southgate now needs to put Ward-Prowse into the main squad, works his socks off & his free kicks / corners are pretty special.
    Could be that " X " factor, we may need

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    Was brilliant wasn't it, ref didn't fall for it once with any of the England players throwing themselves down every minute.
    Bit like the ref in thr European cup final - didn't fall for any of the histrionics,
    Used to be we had the best refs - going back a bit I know - but now we have the very worst.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    Southgate now needs to put Ward-Prowse into the main squad, works his socks off & his free kicks / corners are pretty special.
    Could be that " X " factor, we may need
    It was a joke leaving him out TBH, one of the best dead ball merchants in the country - but lets take Maguire, Henderson and four right backs.... what happened to not making the mistakes others have in taking injured or unfit players to a major tournament?

Take Ben White and leave Maguire at home, Ward prowse for Henderson [we already have Rice and Phillips in his role] and Watkins for Arnold whos also now crocked!

Southgate has proved to be just another negative boring cautious manager who sticks with his favorites...

Ps - Sincerely hope he proves me and a lot of others wrong, I really do!
    Last edited by Tichi1; 05-06-2021 at 02:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    It was a joke leaving him out TBH, one of the best dead ball merchants in the country - but lets take Maguire, Henderson and four right backs.... what happened to not making the mistakes others have in taking injured or unfit players to a major tournament?

Take Ben White and leave Maguire at home, Ward prowse for Henderson [we already have Rice and Phillips in his role] and Watkins for Arnold whos also now crocked!

Southgate has proved to be just another negative boring cautious manager who sticks with his favorites...

I think Ward-Prowse and White should be in ahead of Henderson and one of the four right backs

Unimpressed again today, are we resigned to Grealish ( I know I sound like a stuck record) playing for penalties; it is not a style I admire and feel we can do better than play that pathetic game.

Quote Originally Posted by CalverleyBoy View Post
    Unimpressed again today, are we resigned to Grealish ( I know I sound like a stuck record) playing for penalties; it is not a style I admire and feel we can do better than play that pathetic game.
    Then the best thing is we can have 'captain fantastic', 'selfless leader' and all round great guy Jordan Henderson to come on after not playing for 3 months and take a penalty opportunity off one of our strikers (who was the designated taker) and miss it then say in the media after that it 'would have been nice to get a goal on my comeback'

****ing selfish prick.

Grealish is hilarious as well, only half as effective when referees aren't buying his diving ****, pathetic. Never seen a player who clearly has talent work so hard to make himself unliekable and lose all his ability through throwing himself over. The guy needs a pyschiatrist to work out why he does it when he has the talent to rather than go down just beat the guy with his talent and skill. Mugs.

**** England, ****ing set of self centered pricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post

I like Ward-Prowse but honestly I don't see him doing enough in the midfield to be in it. He isn't great going forward and his defensive work isn't good enough to justify him starting there. Can't have a passenger for 90 minutes just because he takes a good corner and free kick, I'd kind of hope we aren't resigning ourself to being a dead ball team like we've got ****ing Allardyce in charge

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)