+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Euro 2020/21

Yeah, the bit where he twitched when defibrillated shut me up for a good while.

Hey Piglet, Im the opposite to you as Ive sort of had a 'second team' liking for Belgium for ages now lol.
    I went there on holiday back in 1980 and its sort of stuck since then, and hey we had a really interesting chat with the locals in those days, them saying how much they f*ing hated the Germans and the French.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Yeah, the bit where he twitched when defibrillated shut me up for a good while.
    When I worked as a porter I had six patients die while in my charge,two was in the exact place exactly seven days apart to the hour,one wasn't even my patient I just picked him up because he was waiting for another porter,I worked with an old guy who once told me that I was the unluckiest person he knew as he had worked at the hospital for thirty years and had never had a single arrest,within the next half hour he had his first after stating that,death is nothing to be scared of,just think of it as waiting to go into the next room where all your friends and relatives are waiting for you

God works in mysterious ways

It was RIDICULE he said Chalky 'RIDICULE is nothing to be scared of' - was he a dandy looking chap with a stripe across his nose?

Quote Originally Posted by crushalime View Post
    It was RIDICULE he said Chalky 'RIDICULE is nothing to be scared of' - was he a dandy looking chap with a stripe across his nose?
    Charming!

Hit the highway man.

Back in the mists of time, when I was still at school, I did my work experience at the Cumberland Infirmary (the old, new building).

When I walked on to the ward on the Monday morning early doors the first thing I saw was a defibrillator being used on an unfortunate bloke.

His body was lifting clean off the bed when they jolted it.

I felt a bit like the angel of death.

It worked for my dad in that hospital when he had a heart attack at 62. He lasted until he was 89. The missus has worked hard to get them in this village and several others around here. They’re on the sides of village halls and in old telephone boxes mainly, with one on Aspatria Masonic hall.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    Aspatria Masonic hall.
    Now THERE'S a clique if I ever saw one,you a member griff? 😉

No. But I know the handshake.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)