+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Nervous

Nervous

Shouldn't be really, but I'm really nervous about Saturday. I've just got this feeling that we'll end up playing Wrexham away now in the playoffs, and that they will raise their game even more with fans in. It doesn't matter what's happened in the league previously, Wrexham will still fancy their chances and rightly so. Would prefer to play them at home.

I suppose it doesn't matter in a way. The last few weeks has provided the best football we've seen since the Cotterill days, so onwards and upwards eh?

Anyone else nervous?

Quote Originally Posted by MancMagpie View Post
    Shouldn't be really, but I'm really nervous about Saturday. I've just got this feeling that we'll end up playing Wrexham away now in the playoffs, and that they will raise their game even more with fans in. It doesn't matter what's happened in the league previously, Wrexham will still fancy their chances and rightly so. Would prefer to play them at home.

I suppose it doesn't matter in a way. The last few weeks has provided the best football we've seen since the Cotterill days, so onwards and upwards eh?

Anyone else nervous?
    Nervous no, more like a bit of trepidation and noting that some of the really bullish fans are setting themselves up for a fall.
    On the glass half-empty side, we're just 2 narrow away defeats against good teams (say Bromley 2-1, Wrexham 1-0) from it all ending very abruptly.
    That's why I wanted Eastleigh to win to take the motivation out of Bromley so we'd be more likely to get something on that plastic pitch of theirs.
    It's already sudden death and we badly need that point for a home tie. Are those saying "I don't care who we play'' extending that to another season of Kings Lynn, Maidenhead, Dover?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Nervous no, more like a bit of trepidation and noting that some of the really bullish fans are setting themselves up for a fall.
    On the glass half-empty side, we're just 2 narrow away defeats against good teams (say Bromley 2-1, Wrexham 1-0) from it all ending very abruptly.
    That's why I wanted Eastleigh to win to take the motivation out of Bromley so we'd be more likely to get something on that plastic pitch of theirs.
    It's already sudden death and we badly need that point for a home tie. Are those saying "I don't care who we play'' extending that to another season of Kings Lynn, Maidenhead, Dover?
    Nice response.

Despite the recent upturn in form, I've still prepared myself for a 'nearly'.

Would be typical Notts wouldn't it?

Future's bright anyway.

COYP x

Nice response.

Despite the recent upturn in form, I've still prepared myself for a 'nearly'.

Would be typical Notts wouldn't it?

Future's bright anyway.

COYP x
    With you on all of that. We're already better off than we were in March. Let's see how far we can go

Anyone else nervous?
    Think Curle and Nolan have something to say about winning football

no not nervous, unless officials spoil the party, nothing can stop Notts now,

Respectful of all teams but we should fear nobody. We are the form team and I fully expect at least a point on Saturday not withstanding that Bromley are going well and need a result. Even if we do not get the home tie we have proven how good we can be recently and other teams have it all to do in order to beat us. To get promoted from here will be a herculian achievement make no mistake I certainly think Stockport, Torquay and Hartlepool would provide extremely stern tests but momentum is with us so lets give the lads a mighty roar. COYP!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Respectful of all teams but we should fear nobody. We are the form team and I fully expect at least a point on Saturday not withstanding that Bromley are going well and need a result. Even if we do not get the home tie we have proven how good we can be recently and other teams have it all to do in order to beat us. To get promoted from here will be a herculian achievement make no mistake I certainly think Stockport, Torquay and Hartlepool would provide extremely stern tests but momentum is with us so lets give the lads a mighty roar. COYP!
    I might be dreaming, but i think we are going to thrash Bromley, and mark our place in L2

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    I might be dreaming, but i think we are going to thrash Bromley, and mark our place in L2
    Bromley will be up for it on Saturday its do or die for them. It wont be a thrashing. We will do well to win.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Bromley will be up for it on Saturday its do or die for them. It wont be a thrashing. We will do well to win.
    Its a free hit for Notts, against a team that should come at them , like the playoffs, so i see only positives from this game, and if notts can deal with them, they can deal with anyone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast