+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blankety Blank

Blankety Blank

Lack of goals, lack of points
    Cheque book and pen needed chop chop

We're short on quality, yes our best 11 are a match for anyone if all are fit. When thats the case TC has proved he can coach a team to play well and be positive. Mellon was still negative when had his best 11.
    Bumps in the road happen to all teams but ours is due to recruitment, the lack of back ups in midfield and up front is our downfall, everyone feared this would happen, Stevie Wonder could see it, so no excuses for the iPad brigade simple as that
    Bearing in mind we are probably losing Benji and Fuchs, and we rely on a 35 year old Mulgrew then given our current fringe players arent good enough, we could need a complete overhaul

As for being still in top 6, thats fun logic imo.
    We were miles clear of bottom 6 just a few weeks ago, now 7th placed Hibs are only 2 points behind us.
    I cant believe that personally I'm back to praying for 10th or better but hoping for better

Unfortunately I don't think Dundee United are living in a world where they have a blank cheque book of funds available, even with the current owner. ☹️

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Unfortunately I don't think Dundee United are living in a world where they have a blank cheque book of funds available, even with the current owner. ☹️
    No cheque book here im afraid, players will have to be sold or out on loan to free up some wages to bring in a striker

Quote Originally Posted by arab1970 View Post
    No cheque book here im afraid, players will have to be sold or out on loan to free up some wages to bring in a striker
    Can i mention the war chest?

Based on nothing whatsoever, i expect there will be funds available to bring in 2 or 3 players for identified key positions. That doesnt mean there will be transfer fees flying everywhere.

After that, Reynolds is an obvious candidate to leave and i hope we get a chance to say goodbye as i for one appreciated what he did for our recovery, unlike the way some other comments have came across, but are there others that can be disposed of like Connolly?

Then there is the possible sale of Fuchs(i have to question who will be driving that?), Benji, and maybe even Harkes which may pay for 1 for 1 replacements, although i have my doubts fees will reach the heights they really should.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Can i mention the war chest?

Based on nothing whatsoever, i expect there will be funds available to bring in 2 or 3 players for identified key positions. That doesnt mean there will be transfer fees flying everywhere.

After that, Reynolds is an obvious candidate to leave and i hope we get a chance to say goodbye as i for one appreciated what he did for our recovery, unlike the way some other comments have came across, but are there others that can be disposed of like Connolly?

Then there is the possible sale of Fuchs(i have to question who will be driving that?), Benji, and maybe even Harkes which may pay for 1 for 1 replacements, although i have my doubts fees will reach the heights they really should.
    Do you really think someone would pay a fee for Harkes? Benji and Fuchs would get nominal fees but Harkes?really?

Gobsmacked if anyone pays a fee for Harkes. Fuchs I don't think is worth selling with the add-on we're due Alaves. Benji would be the only one that makes any sense. Worth the most and we already have a like for like replacement at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Gobsmacked if anyone pays a fee for Harkes. Fuchs I don't think is worth selling with the add-on we're due Alaves. Benji would be the only one that makes any sense. Worth the most and we already have a like for like replacement at the club.
    Yeh IMO Benji was, and remains, our most sellable asset and with Carson waiting in the wings is the one likely to cause least disruption in the short term I would reckon. The fact we bought Carson in the first place suggests the Club didn’t think he’d be here beyond August if we’re being honest.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was an actual bid for Harkes, he can sometimes look good on the highlights. It's the same when I talk to my workmates about a player I think looks good in their team, they just laugh and say " really? you can hae um"

Not saying it would be a big offer, but yi never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitfieldarab View Post
    Do you really think someone would pay a fee for Harkes? Benji and Fuchs would get nominal fees but Harkes?really?
    Hence the use of "maybe" and "may"!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Hence the use of "maybe" and "may"!
    Lol. No probs. We may or we will maybe get a fee for Reynolds and Connolly 🤣

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)