+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Tam Courts - Yes or No

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Courts in - Yes or No

Agree totally Thomas is doing way better than anyone would have predicted
    and by the way me previous post was in jest ballumbie

I stand by my original vote but only because i cannie delete it.BTW where is smugster Shedka tonight? .I was gonna contradict his positive vibe post on the Hibs thread earlier in the week because i thought we never had a cat in hells chance of giving them a game today.I decided no to bother,thank phuck.

Can anyone remember after Brechin when Thomas said,"When Pawlett gets the ball in the final third our forwards come alive."I completely ridiculed that statement as did many others on here but fair play to him he has totally transformed PP and Harkes and they are both playing as well as they have ever done in their career's.
    I would love to know what was said between the head coach and his sporting director last season regarding the way we were playing but i'm now convinced that a conversation between them did occur and Tony decided there and then that if Micky was leaving he already had his replacement in the building.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I stand by my original vote but only because i cannie delete it.BTW where is smugster Shedka tonight? .I was gonna contradict his positive vibe post on the Hibs thread earlier in the week because i thought we never had a cat in hells chance of giving them a game today.I decided no to bother,thank phuck.
    Feeling super smug GB (I jest)

All good though, everyone is happy, going better than I hoped, I definitely didn't say TC was the right choice just that it may just work, thankfully it has, I just didn't see us being in relegation danger and thought we were capable as we had a strong base in place to build from who had served us well over the last two seasons

Got to say fair play to TA (aka the bandit) as he took stick but really think we have a manager in place that can build a new era (maybe like Levein/Houston), that's if we can hold onto him for a few seasons, that would be my hope, you can't beat stability and continuity mixed with everyone enjoying playing for a manager/club

And we must not get carried away but I felt so confident we wouldn't lose at Easter Road after that cup game, we were excellent overall, walked out of Tannadice on a high despite being unhappy to be out the cup, I deep down don't believe hibs are better than us this season.. there will be setbacks though, its still Utd but bring on the rest of the season

"Third in the league. Second best defensive record in Scotland. Fifth best in Britain."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...nited-25270368

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    "Third in the league. Second best defensive record in Scotland. Fifth best in Britain."

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...nited-25270368
    ffs dont jinx it

some start tho, feared the worst after first league game

I am nervous about tomorrow's game tbh. But I'm hoping like **** for a resounding win that would really have the rest of the division sit up and notice us. I'll rip your arm off right now for a last minute winner though

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    I am nervous about tomorrow's game tbh. But I'm hoping like **** for a resounding win that would really have the rest of the division sit up and notice us. I'll rip your arm off right now for a last minute winner though

I think we’ve been nervous before every game this season. Happily bar the Pittodrie shambles those fears have proven to be unfounded since. Even the defeats to Hearts and Hibs in the cup have still had positives to take away. Hopefully more of the same tomorrow.

Yeah, it's a case of keep on keeping on.

We have competition and cover all over the team ATM, albeit, we are a bit light in the striker dept - with McNulty out for a large chunk of the season.

I'm hoping Nicky Clark takes confidence from that excellent strike at Hibs and gets another goal tomorrow.

Bring it on. Think we are seeing a new United under Tam Courts and, currently, I'm loving it. The games can't come around quick enough. It's a long time since I had that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by cybershed View Post
    Yeah, it's a case of keep on keeping on.

We have competition and cover all over the team ATM, albeit, we are a bit light in the striker dept - with McNulty out for a large chunk of the season.

I'm hoping Nicky Clark takes confidence from that excellent strike at Hibs and gets another goal tomorrow.

Bring it on. Think we are seeing a new United under Tam Courts and, currently, I'm loving it. The games can't come around quick enough. It's a long time since I had that feeling.
    Clarke was involved with a lot more than his goal. I think he had two touches involved in the Freeman goal and his running, closing down, holding up was superb. Hopefully this is down to Tam. Giving him a more natural role seems to have regenerated him. Always felt sorry for him when asked to play in totally daft positions ending in bad performances.

Play him up front where he enjoys, and we will get performances like the Hibs one, I'm sure of it.

May be overthinking, but hopefully Tam was taking everything in when watching MM's team and thinking " I would do that differently" .

Also like the way he mentions the "bumps in the road". We all know there will be there is no point pretending there won't be.

Refreshing

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)