+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: fo0king hell watch this - re takeover

fo0king hell watch this - re takeover

I couldn't be bothered to watch the whole thing. Is there anything significant?

As soon as I saw Ben Jacobs I switched off. (He's full of shyte)

it was an eye opener.
    Keith started by telling what he knows regarding the case and what he has been told by his QC.
    He had a timeline of events whereas Ben Jacobs was on twitter revealing facts about the case just hours after Keith had sent emails to the PL with the information, So its as clear as day Ben Jacobs was being leaked information from the PL.

Jacobs was sat smugly for the full 2 hours, avoided giving a straight answer to anything, spoke like a politician and it was winding Keith Patterson up.
    Jacobs ended it by saying, there will be news coming out in the next 2 weeks regarding the Saudi's and them being behind the European super league, going head to head with Bein sports for the tv rights and damaging the case by having MBS getting involved in PIF dealings.

I could see the logic in what Jacobs was saying and see the frustration in Keith as he was only stating facts.

Ultimately, the takeover hinges on proving separation between MBS and PIF
    UNLESS the competition case proceeds first and faster and they reach the disclosure part first, there are said to be some damning things to come out of it which will see the arbitration collapse.

Certainly explains why the PL were asking for multiple extensions to the competition case starting

I've watched about the first 15 mins or so where the Keith Patterson lays out his evidence.

However, it was 2.30+ am last night and I really didn't have the appetite to stay up and listen to Jacobs try to defend the indefensible.

I hope that Keith and the legal team have the chance to nail the EPL and their leeches in short order.

I haven't the heart to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I haven't the heart to watch it.
    i have always been confident that it will go through Zip.
    after watching this yesterday, i am less confident, simply because we could get people like Ben Jacobs making the decision.

He is one of the stooges that the PL have been leaking info to, has a past relationship with Qatar etc and has always been anti Saudi regardless of what he says.

If either of the court cases are overseen by legitimate independent people with no agenda, then the sale will fly through.

Unfortunately we all know the arbitration panel is chaired by a man who advised the PL to insert a rule to stop the Saudi's getting their hands on a club over piracy.

At this moment in time, i don't think we will get any kind of takeover to have an impact on this coming season,

i think it will get rejected by arbitration and then things will come to light in the CAT case which will blow the entire thing open again. Mike Ashley will get his sale and his compensation, in fact the compo will probably be more than the price of the sale

The above would be the only case where I'd wish him success.

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    i have always been confident that it will go through Zip.
    after watching this yesterday, i am less confident, simply because we could get people like Ben Jacobs making the decision.

He is one of the stooges that the PL have been leaking info to, has a past relationship with Qatar etc and has always been anti Saudi regardless of what he says.

If either of the court cases are overseen by legitimate independent people with no agenda, then the sale will fly through.

Unfortunately we all know the arbitration panel is chaired by a man who advised the PL to insert a rule to stop the Saudi's getting their hands on a club over piracy.

At this moment in time, i don't think we will get any kind of takeover to have an impact on this coming season,

i think it will get rejected by arbitration and then things will come to light in the CAT case which will blow the entire thing open again. Mike Ashley will get his sale and his compensation, in fact the compo will probably be more than the price of the sale
    Difference is that this not based on the opinion of pro or anti Qatar people but in a court of law and not not subject to bias.

So we will have to trust the process. I've no confidence in British Law, in British governance which is why I left the UK 8 yrs ago however in this case we have very serious, very wealthy people on both sides which cancel out each other corruption.

Let's see who our corrupts the other.

Hoping the Saudi connections with Boris's nest of inbred thieves trumps Masters and his team of homoz

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)