+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Players you would like to see leaving the Club

Sad, as it seems we can not replace so many, the best may have to stay and the others, be replaced at the best opportunity? When the transfer season starts the rush to get new players ,can we say, the price shoots up through the roof!! That's the reality. For a manager a tense time ,and the worst time. Then a team to loose so many players? It simply takes time for the new players to fit in. Sad! We must do it slowly for all to fit in. ( Not saying anything if a new Manager comes ,or they do not?) slowly slowly!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Hard as nails are you Dd! F*uck me, how do you intend to replace them?
    Bt I am only looking at 3 play plus Brady, whose going anyway, as also is Gibson is'nt he? So its Norris and Stephens from the last wonderful transfer saga of Garlick. I am not really being heartless. I am looking at them adding 4/5 Player over the summer, how are younger with some quality, not 20 players costing 250 million or something crazy. Football is a replacement business and we have a lot of older guys that have to be looked at in clinical manner if we are to stay up next year. That's my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    Bailey Peacock-Farrell------G0

Will Norris------GO

Nick Pope---STAY

Matthew Lowton-----GO - stay as back up

Charlie Taylor---STAY

Ben Mee----STAY

Erik Pieters----STAY - only as back up

James Tarkowski---STAY

Phil Bardsley----GO

Kevin Long----GO

Richard Nartey---no opinion

Jimmy Dunne---- no opinion

Anthony Driscoll-Glennon----STAY

Jack Cork----STAY - def only as back up - can’t run

Josh Brownhill---STAY

Robbie Brady-----GO

Dale Stephens------GO

Ashley Westwood---STAY

Anthony Mancini--no opinion

Lewis Richardson---stay

Josh Benson-----GO - def stay - mobile likes a tackle and has young legs - unlike corks

Johann Berg Gudmundsson----GO

Ashley Barnes----GO

Chris Wood----stay onside

Jay Rodriguez----GO - jays a Stay will score goals

Matej Vydra----STAY

Dwight McNeil----STAY

Max Thompson------no opinion

Joel Mumbongo-----GO
    I’m a bit undecided with Norris yes he let soft goals in but our midfield parted like the Red Sea and the defence backed of so far it’s hard to judge him just yet.
    BpF - the same really against the toon and wet spam we didn’t give him much protection, Mee was making tackles on the half way line going to ground in both games and isn’t quick enough to recover , defence backs off keeper exposed.

It would be interesting to gets Dyche verdict ( proper verdict ) on those games , as for me Southampton onwards our defending was shocking

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Absolutely Alto,who else would you bin off ?

I'd get rid of At least half a dozen ..
    Ashley Barnes - Not Good Enough

IceMan - Not Good Enough

JayRob - Not Good Enough

Joel Mumbongo - Not Good Enough (Plus his name spelling can cause a storm in a tea cup )

Erik Peiters - Not Good Enough

Matthew Lowton - Not Good Enough

Kevin Long - Not Good Enough

Phil Bardsley - Not Good Enough

Kevin Long - Not Good Enough

Will Norris - Not Good Enough

Dale Stevens - Was Never Good Enough

Still to prove themselves

Benson

Thompson

Glennon

Nartley

Richardson

Brownhill

Dunne

BPF

McNeil (Yes McNeil)

Bottom line is we need a new team to be built around the "spine" of good players we have, then to replace those good players with better.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Bottom line is we need a new team to be built around the "spine" of good players we have, then to replace those good players with better.
    Its been left far too long Chris, we have rode our luck and now its our chance to salvage ourselves at long last, if its does not come this window its a lost cause IMO.

Exactly Alto: ''Its been left far too long Chris''.
    .....also Chris: ''Bottom line is we need a new team to be built around the "spine" of good players we have''. Yes, correct ,but when you build a team with so many new players ,it takes time to know each other on the playing field. But again, '' Its been left far too long !''
    Players know some communication exists some sense about each others play, when playing for years together. They know their strengths, weakness, and much more even through intuition, some invisible sense. To expect a win with so many changes I believe it can not happen. Because it has been left to long we have to do it slowly.

Pope, Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Taylor, Westwood, Cork, Brownhill, McNeil, Vydra, Wood, Rodriguez, Barnes, Pieters and Bardsley are all good enough to have beaten, Liverpool, Palace, Everton, Arsenal, Manchester United and Wolves on their own middens quite recently.

What we need to do is not panic, but just strengthen the squad. I have no idea (hopefully SD does) if a couple of reinforcements can emerge from the Barnfield Academy. Youth is obviously on their side, unfortunately the same cannot be said for the likes of Barnes, Bardsley, Pieters and Cork, but there is life left in them yet.

It's clear to me that Alan Pace will buy and sell, horse trade with about £100 million quidsworth of our assets - Pope, Tarkowski and McNeil spring readily to mind and he will reinforce the squad with that dosh.

Hence the chatter about Nat Phillips, Joe Worrall and one or two others.

We are soon to see of what stuff Mr Pace is made of.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

It's clear to me that Alan Pace will buy and sell, horse trade with about £100 million quidsworth of our assets - Pope, Tarkowski and McNeil spring readily to mind and he will reinforce the squad with that dosh.
    Maybe I'm missing something here BT, but if we sell Pope, Tarkowski and McNeill we need three top class replacements for them or the squad and team is weaker than the one that just finished 17th. I don't see how we can find quality replacements for those three and still have enough money left to strengthen the rest of the squad. The sums just don't add up.

I think what I'm saying is, if we get rid of Pope, Tarko and McNeill, no matter what we do with the money, we're fecked. You might get away with selling one, but I cannot think offhand of an example of a team that off-loaded their three best players and improved the following season.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here BT, but if we sell Pope, Tarkowski and McNeill we need three top class replacements for them or the squad and team is weaker than the one that just finished 17th. I don't see how we can find quality replacements for those three and still have enough money left to strengthen the rest of the squad. The sums just don't add up.

I think what I'm saying is, if we get rid of Pope, Tarko and McNeill, no matter what we do with the money, we're fecked. You might get away with selling one, but I cannot think offhand of an example of a team that off-loaded their three best players and improved the following season.
    Why would we buy Worrell and Phillips if Tarkowski is staying sinkov? I read a lot of different BFC forums to capture the gist of what the majority of BFC fans think. McNeil is regarded as being a bit lazy, sulks when not playing well and is generally not as good as the press make him out to be. Personally, I would take £35,000,000 for him and run!

Just my own opinion, but we would be stark raving bonkers to sell Pope at any price.

Interesting few weeks ahead methinks.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)