+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Thank goodness

Thank goodness

Brentford won the play offs,Swansea reminded me too much of Burnley.Absolute dross,sorry Mal.

Yes. Congratulations to Brentford. They have been knocking on the PL door for some time and fully deserve their shot at the big time. Brentford have developed a successful formula for unearthing talented players, selling them on and finding strong replacements. Watkins and Benrahma left for Aston Villa and West Ham respectively and they brought in Ivan Toney from Peterborough. We should have signed Toney first having seen him play for the Posh in a FA Cup tie at Turf Moor. Bees fans will be keenly anticipating the PL fixture list for the 2021/22 season to be released on June 16. The Bees will be back in the top flight after a 74 year wait. They were relegated along with Leeds United at the end of the 1946/47 season. At the same time Burnley with their famed “Iron Curtain” defence were securing promotion to Division 1 after finishing runners up to Manchester City. For Burnley it was the beginning of the long march which would peak with being crowned Champions in the 1959/60 season.

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    We should have signed Toney first having seen him play for the Posh in a FA Cup tie at Turf Moor.
    There's another one that got away Outwood, we played Barnsley in a Cup game a couple of years ago, we got through with a late pen from Chris Wood, but it was about the only time in the game we looked like scoring and Barnsley were well and truly robbed. Their most impressive player was defender Ethan Pinnock, I wondered which big club they'd picked him up from and found they'd signed him from Forest Green. He looked just the sort of player we should be looking at and had a chat on here with Acido about him. Of course we didn't sign him, but Brentford did, and next year he'll be playing on't Turf, in the Premier League, but not for us.

You do wonder just what our Recruitment Team have been doing these last two years, but maybe they've been laying low on orders, Mike had other uses in mind for our Dry Powder.

How is it the club can’t spot these players, but we can ? The list must be endless.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Brentford won the play offs,Swansea reminded me too much of Burnley.Absolute dross,sorry Mal.
    That’s ok ! Let Brentford have their moment of glory and it will be identical to neighbours Fulham.Can’t see them staying up, and their fans will soon find the novelty wearing off, losing games most weeks.Toney has looked ok at that level , but it’s a big step up to the big boys of British football. Good luck to them, I’ll be watching with interest,but am not expecting anything out of the ordinary.

I hope you're right about Brentford Mal, right at this moment they're the only ones I can realistically see us finishing above. If they get off to a flyer and sustain it, we really are fecked.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Im biased Alf I know that, but I thought Swanny were absolutely NO better than us and were more than lucky to beat us like they did. The best team won in the Final, its as simple as that.

Norwich, Watford and Brentford to go down. You heard it here first.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)