+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Woke and Cancel Culture Examples please...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I feel for the Windrush generation, they came here looking for work, we told them there was plenty of it, so come on in. They came in their thousands, but no one thought to tell them that there was a pub called The Black Boy in Berkshire. If they had known I'm sure they would never have come, so saving future generations of Black people the distress they have been caused by coming upon said Pub.

Why were they not told, whose responsibility was it to tell them ? You can guess, it's our dysfunctional Home Office again, dysfunctional now for over 60 years, but nothing ever gets done about it. I think this should be investigated, the culprit named and shamed, even if he has been dead for over 30 years, the grave should be no hiding place, at the very least cancel his widow's pension.
    sinkov, the sad thing is that somebody, somewhere is actually doing exactly that at this moment in time -----I hope that there isn't a statue!

I feel for the Windrush generation, they came here looking for work, we told them there was plenty of it, so come on in. They came in their thousands, but no one thought to tell them that there was a pub called The Black Boy in Berkshire. If they had known I'm sure they would never have come, so saving future generations of Black people the distress they have been caused by coming upon said Pub.

Why were they not told, whose responsibility was it to tell them ? You can guess, it's our dysfunctional Home Office again, dysfunctional now for over 60 years, but nothing ever gets done about it. I think this should be investigated, the culprit named and shamed, even if he has been dead for over 30 years, the grave should be no hiding place, at the very least cancel his widow's pension.
    I honestly always thought it was strange my mam and dad, nan and grandad congregated around our 11" Bush black and white TV to watch the Black & White Minstrels.

Come to think of it, I still find it strange - even now.

If you had a telly back in the day, they were hard to avoid, there wasn't much choice of channels, and they were regulars in our living room as well. I never gave them much thought, they were just another act, the only thing I found strange was that my mum and dad seemed to like them better than Jukebox Jury or the Six Five Special. What was the matter with them, why did they prefer that Minstrel ****e ? Whatever it was, I don't think it had anything to do with racism.

“As I read it, I felt numb and did not know what to say. Having seen the word baboon I assumed it was referring to the colour of my skin. The word has left me feeling harassed, alarmed and distressed and I find the message to be racist based on the colour of my skin. The whole incident has left me extremely upset.

I would hope that Mr Sawyers was offered, and has received, counselling.

“As I read it, I felt numb and did not know what to say. Having seen the word baboon I assumed it was referring to the colour of my skin. The word has left me feeling harassed, alarmed and distressed and I find the message to be racist based on the colour of my skin. The whole incident has left me extremely upset.

I would hope that Mr Sawyers was offered, and has received, counselling.
    "The word has left me feeling harassed, alarmed and distressed and I find the message to be racist based on the colour of my skin."

I know I should not laugh, but WTF?

What is even more alarming:

The defendant was charged following an investigation carried out by Pc Stuart Ward, who is the UK’s first dedicated hate crime officer within a football unit.

and then...

The CPS said it would be applying for a harsher sentence to reflect the fact that Silwood has been convicted of a hate crime.

Is this really what our law enforcement officers need to be getting all worked up about?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    "The word has left me feeling harassed, alarmed and distressed and I find the message to be racist based on the colour of my skin."

I know I should not laugh, but WTF?
    I suppose we should be thankful Mr Sawyers did not accidentally come across the Black Boy pub on a country drive, that might have necessited a call to the Samaritans.

I do wonder how much of this is down to the individual, in this case Mr Sawyers, and how much down to the Race Relations industry, the Police and the CPS, always hovering in the background looking for opportunities to step in and take over. When you read between the lines, you can see that our footballers determination to continue taking the knee was driven in the background by the Race Relations industry, for their own nefarious purposes.

I suppose we should be thankful Mr Sawyers did not accidentally come across the Black Boy pub on a country drive, that might have necessited a call to the Samaritans.

I do wonder how much of this is down to the individual, in this case Mr Sawyers, and how much down to the Race Relations industry, the Police and the CPS, always hovering in the background looking for opportunities to step in and take over. When you read between the lines, you can see that our footballers determination to continue taking the knee was driven in the background by the Race Relations industry, for their own nefarious purposes.
    When you have PC Stuart Ward, who is the UK’s first dedicated hate crime officer within a football unit on the job, armed and ready he has to be seen to be doing something. Bloody sad state of affairs when you can't take the pi$$ without someone taking umbrage.

Then again, I well remember "Numbongo" but he was one of our own and I took umbrage at that.

Just every now and again you send us these little pearlers sinkov, I wish I could think them up...

"I suppose we should be thankful Mr Sawyers did not accidentally come across the Black Boy pub on a country drive, that might have necessitated a call to the Samaritans."

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)